BB King Blues club in Alaska

igraf

The HAL web page shows when the BB King Blues club band begins on a given ship, but it does not show an ending date. I am wondering if there will be BB King Blues club entertainment on the Alaska voyages in 2015.

I called the HAL reservation number and the guy never heard of the BB King Blues club. To be fair, he said that all his group does is take reservations and that they had little knowledge of the cruise details. At least he gave me the number for HAL cruise services. I then called that number and was told that the BB King Blues club entertainment will be on the ships indefinitely. Hmmm, I think that I should confirm that.

So I am asking this forum if a late May sailing of the Westerdam to Alaska will feature the BB King Blues club? I was thinking that BB King might only be for the Caribbean voyages.

igraf

Edited by igraf

While the BB King Blues club is now open-ended on the Eurodam, Nieuw Amsterdam and Norodam, it was limited to the Caribbean season for the other Vista-class ships last year:

"Enthralling guests with its musicianship and quality, the B.B. King’s Blues Club band will return to Eurodam for an open-ended run starting on March 23, 2014, following their current run through Dec. 8, 2013. The Club will be onboard Westerdam now through April 5, 2014, and Zuiderdam now through March 17. Noordam and Nieuw Amsterdam begin open-ended runs of B.B. King’s Blues Clubs, with launch dates of Dec. 16 and April 6, respectively."

The current published information is as follows:

B.B. King’s Blues Club Schedule

So again there are start dates but somewhat vague on the durations for that last three ships. I am looking for confirmation with regard to performances on the Westerdam in May 2015.

igraf

Why do you think the Blues group would be limited to the Caribbean? We had the Blues group on Eurodam in the Baltic. Even flew home with the female lead singer.
Edited by igraf

I am curious to see as well.

I would very much enjoy them, but I fear they may not stay on all Vista vessels through the Alaska season.

It sure would make for a great addition in the evenings!

Edited by localady

About two weeks ago I posted a thread about this and I was told that the B. B. King Blues Club will be performing on the Westerdam in May and beyond. Which will be great it will give me another source of entertainment along with some great music.

I am amused by my own typo. Nothing intended by it.

In any case, I am glad to hear that the BB King venue is being expanded.

igraf

... and Norodam, ...
Edited by igraf

• 4 weeks later...
About two weeks ago I posted a thread about this and I was told that the B. B. King Blues Club will be performing on the Westerdam in May and beyond. Which will be great it will give me another source of entertainment along with some great music.

Good to know B.B. King Blues Club will be on Westerdam in May! I told my husband the entertainment will be hit or miss, but have heard nothing but good things about B.B. King Blues.

I can inform that I received an email from HAL stating that BBKing Band will be aboard the Noordam on Alaska sailings, but WILL NOT be on the Volendam on the same dates. Thus it looks like the BBKing Band is being expanded only to Vista and Signature ships.

Retuned several weeks ago from the NA, had really been looking forward to the Blues Club. Went the second night lasted about ten minutes. Now I don't mind loud music in fact don't hear worth a darn out of one ear. But for the size of the Queens Lounge it is way to loud. Seen other people walking out shaking their heads. If you enjoy blues music either stand out in the corridor or bring earplugs.