First time cruising on a Princess ship... luggage ?

kfmac1

On yes - as long as your luggage fits thru the xray equipment. It is the same size as that at the airport.

Off - Yes. - As long as you can manage it.

When boarding, your cabin will be ready, so you can go straight there and drop off your luggage.

As long as you can handle all of your luggage without assistance you can walk off with them on Princess.

For carrying on bags Carnival & Princess are most likely the same thing. As long as you can handle them & they fit through the ports security X-ray machine you can carry them onto the ship. I don't know the X-ray dimensions but they appear to be larger than at airports & I seem to recall posts saying bags up to about 25" fit. Whether there is a standard dimension or it varies by port I don't have a clue but doubt if it's standardized at ports around the world.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Yes! :D It's just one of many things we enjoy.

Amazing. I wonder how they manage that... Must take a proper staffing level to do it.

On NCL, there are things of folks wandering the ship trying eat lunch lugging all their carry on stuff. They can't seem to get cabins ready until around 2 hours after boarding.

Amazing. I wonder how they manage that... Must take a proper staffing level to do it.

On NCL, there are things of folks wandering the ship trying eat lunch lugging all their carry on stuff. They can't seem to get cabins ready until around 2 hours after boarding.

Debarking pax are kicked out of their cabins around 8 and embarkation doesn't start til after noon.

Edited by SadieN

Debarking pax are kicked out of their cabins around 8 and embarkation doesn't start til after noon.

That's the downside but at least we can leave our carryon bags in our cabin until after our disembarkation breakfast.

It's impossible to vacate cabins late & have them ready during boarding. I much more prefer the Princess procedure over the NCL & RCI system of dragging carryon bags while going to embarkation day lunch while waiting to be able to get into our cabin.

I've had both experiences & to me it's no contest...Princess is best for me.

Edited by Astro Flyer

So for the upcoming 2 day Star run up to Vancouver from San Francisco, we arrive at noon. What time will we get the boot from our cabin?

I usually arrive at 10:30 & in my cabin about noon which works well for us as we prefer to begin our cruise with lunch in one of the MDR between noon & 1:30. My experience has been that the recommended time to vacate the cabin has been 8:00 AM. No one comes to your cabin to evict you but it's the suggested time. I've had the suggested time time as late as 9:00 but have no way to know how it'll work on your short cruise.

So for the upcoming 2 day Star run up to Vancouver from San Francisco, we arrive at noon. What time will we get the boot from our cabin?
I wonder if the arrival time should be 12 a.m., not 12:00 p.m. The next cruise sails at 6:00 p.m. and departure 6 hours after arrival appears to be too tight for a turnaround day.