Chef's Dinner on the Journey ??

petlover

We have done all 3 menus multiple times and find them totally enjoyable. Although the Executive Chef does make several appearances during the meal it is really the sommelier who arranges the evening, invites a guest host ( you can request a particular officer and they'll try and make it happen ), and then introduces each course and explain why the wine was paired. We have done some that were a table full of our cruising friends and also have done several that we did not know anyone else at the table. Both approaches worked out very well, and we were able to add to our list of fellow cruisers. Considering the wines poured, the creative menus and the excellent service in Prime C, I consider the pricing very fair.

We have done the Chefs table on the Journey once and our group was not satisfied. We have chosen the French one. Neither the food nor the pairing wines were to our liking. It was a pitty.

We had done once the Chefs table on board a Royal Caribbean ship and it was really much better. On that ocasion we were received in a very elegant room and offered Moet Champagne before our dinner. Food and wines were very good and they gave us as a present a cooking book featuring the food from Royal Caribbean.

We were kind of expecting that this event in the Azamara Journey would be, if not better, at least as good as in the Royal Caribbean ship. Maybe we had bad luck because it was on New Years Eve and maybe they were busy with other arrangements. In any case we do not wish to repeat the experience.

The maximum they can seat is 12. Suggest you seek out the Prime C manager when you board and tell him what dinner you'd like and the room #'s of those in your group, as well as what date you'd prefer.

I'm curious to hear more about the Chef's Dinner (French, Italian, California). There's a charge of $95. Did you enjoy it?

We're cruising with friends on our first Azamara Cruise April 2nd on the Journey.

We've done all of these on both Journey and Quest, with mixed results. We've always enjoyed the mixed company and host and the wine. Earlier dinners on Journey in 2013 and Quest in 2014 were uniformly good and worth the money. On Journey this past Nov-Dec, the French dinner was nice; not so on the California dinner. The featured steak was tough, over-cooked, and pretty blah in taste (more than one guest had this opinion). The Italian dinner never happened, so we got a refund because we had purchased the 3 dinner package. The Exec Chef was fairly new.

Eat a very light lunch! The dinner is very ample!

We travelled on the Quest November 2014 and partook of the French Chef's Table. We did not know anyone else at the table prior. We had a thoroughly enjoyable evening. I think from memory it started at ~7pm and we were still laughing, talking and drinking after 11pm. We thought the concept was a good opportunity to try some different wines (it was), with lots of guessing as to flavours etc & then discussions about the wine itself. The Executive Chef made an appearance at the outset, but as said before, it is all about the Sommelier. The food was fantastic all the same. Really enjoyed the night and would recommend it to anyone.

Karyn

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Do you have to book in advance? At our cruise, on embarkation day, they had an offer which was 3 dinner, one at each specialty restaurant including one night at the Chefs table. I think the total price was either US 110 or US 115 for the whole package.

Don't have to book prior to cruise. Just in the first day or two would be fine. Chef's table was US$110 I think, there were packages with the specialty restaurants of US$165 or something like that.

Karyn

The Top-Floor Dining Packages are as follows:

3 Table Tour $60 per person

4 Table Tour $80 per person

Chef"s Tab;e Plus 2 $115 per person

Chef's Table Plus 4 $155 per person

The Chef's Table Tour $225 per person ( 3 Chef's Tables )

The price for a single Chef's Table is $95 per person

On a 14 night cruise, does anyone know which nights the tastings are offered. We want to do all 3.

The schedule will also depend on your itinerary. The CT dinners are often on sea days or at least on days with a fairly early port departure. Sometimes they will add a dinner or delete one, depending on demand and available evenings and staff.

The schedule will also depend on your itinerary. The CT dinners are often on sea days or at least on days with a fairly early port departure. Sometimes they will add a dinner or delete one, depending on demand and available evenings and staff.

We have 3 sea days and we're hoping they are on those days

I have never ben turned down on a requested date for a Chef's Table. On our last cruise we added one for the last night on board, and it turned out wonderfully.Eric was most kind in accepting our request to host it, and Both Captain Jason ( who was getting off the next day ) and Johannes stopped by to say "hello".

My friends and I did the Californian and French chef's dinners on our January Antarctic cruise on Journey, they were both excellent. We had a table of twelve for the first, but arranged the second one through the Sommelier for the 6 of us. Our steaks were cooked perfectly varying from blue through to medium as per individual requests. I will definitely do it again on my next sailing and will try the Italian if available, but I would be happy to have either the French or Californian again.