What is your favorite food to eat on Royal Caribbean

Your mention of key lime pie reminds me nostalgically of the "good old days" of cruising. I've always loved key lime pie - one of my favorite desserts. My first cruise ever on RCI was on Nordic Prince. They offered key lime pie for dessert the first night and it was delicious. I raved about it so much, but our waiter said it was only available that evening. However, since I had made a big deal about it, although I didn't ask our waiter had a whole key lime pie delivered to our table for dessert every evening the rest of the cruise!

The key lime pie is still pretty good, but not as good as I remember from that first cruise, although my memory may be pulling tricks. :)

Great memories!!! We also were on the Nordic prince it was my second cruise ever and the start of my love with Rccl!

[emoji267]

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to everyone who posted their favorites. My family and I leave on AOS on Sunday. DH and I haven't cruised RCI since 1997 and my teens never have, so it's good to have a list of "must tries" since we are no longer familiar with RCI's menu.

DH and DS were thrilled to find out that escargot is available every night--it's one of their favorites!

Thanks to everyone who posted their favorites. My family and I leave on AOS on Sunday. DH and I haven't cruised RCI since 1997 and my teens never have, so it's good to have a list of "must tries" since we are no longer familiar with RCI's menu.

DH and DS were thrilled to find out that escargot is available every night--it's one of their favorites!

Have a wonderful flavorful trip [emoji267]

• 3 weeks later...

BLT Bloody Mary! Who doesn't love bacon in their drink??

Onion soup and filet in Chops

Singapore noodles in Mdr

Very fav: little hard rolls with cheese on top. Ate 2 every night!!

Jess

Edited by jes Scott

Everything was my favorite on our Radiance of the Seas Alaska cruise! I will say the one night we ate at a specialty restaurant, Rita's Crabshack...had crab legs, crab cakes and the chowder...it was DELISH!!! I mean that chowder was the bomb! We had eaten lunch that day in Juneau at Tracy's Crab Shack just off of the dock. Rita's was WAY better and a better value!

Filet mignon at a captain's table….or any other officer's table…especially when they have chimichurri sauce made available.:):):)

Second favorite is the ice cream with fresh fruit in an almond bowl served at the same table.

Does it taste different at certain tables? :confused:

Just off Serenade. The chicken marsala was one of the best meals I have had in 65 nights cruising across three cruise lines. Moist flavorful and portion big enough for two people. Escargot was delicious every night also.

Eggs Benedict is my all time favorite food. Please tell me that I'll be able to have it sometimes during the cruise...

It's usually served in the Main Dining Room for breakfast every morning except the last morning.

I just read all 5 pages and was surprised no one said the midnight chocolate buffet. To me chocolate is a seperate and necessary food group and I was in heaven. I also enjoyed the cold soups and the scrambled eggs. I think my husband liked the steaks and knowing he could have one every night was good for him.

Keep the list going.

Connie

On our last Allure cruise they had done away with the midnight buffets and we missed them! The midnight Christmas chocolate buffet was a sight to behold. Has RCI re-indroduced a midnight buffet?:confused:

Grilled Pork Chop, Chicken Tiki Marsala, Lamb Shank...the list goes on...

If you're into food pics, I have lots on these two threads...

Oasis Cruise: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2050818

Quantum Cruise: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2133545

I can't get the oasis pics to come up, have you maybe deleted them? the quantum works but I was hoping for the oasis.

Still no midnight buffet. Saw mention by others of many of our favorites. My Grandson swears their escargot is better than he has eaten anywhere. I must be the only one that loves the savory bites, since someone referred to them as rocks. I LOVE them and have to have a couple of them every night. Love the Chicken Marsala, ranger cookies, duck, key lime pie, prime rib...so many more. We've never felt the need to go to the specialty restaurants and besides, we would miss our waiter. :D

No midnight buffet -- but to be honest, I personally don't miss them. There are plenty of places to get food, if I want something to eat, and on the larger ships that have Café Promenade, a late night snack is nicer to have there.

I do wish that when they have a pool deck party, they have some snack food. Pretzels, chips, cookies, small cakes, biscuits, scones.....and by the way, then they will have more bar orders....but I surely don't need, what they used to serve.

I'm usually in the minority on these types of threads because I don't think most of the food is all that great or worth the calories. I will have to say the salad bar on sea days is absolutely delicious. I could eat have that for lunch and dinner every day and be very happy.

I was pleasantly surprised by decent Chicken Cordon Bleu in the dining room one night. As I don't eat much meat and no seafood at all, the Cordon Bleu hit the spot with some steamed veggies.