Quantum of the Seas Questions

O.92

Hello all, I will be sailing on the Quantum in 3 weeks on 3/13, just some quick questions to help prepare for the trip.

1. Sailing from Bayonne, we will not be at Port Canaveral in FL until Day 4. How is the weather on the way down (and back)? I imagine it will be freezing in NJ on the first day. On which day can we expect it to get warm enough to use the pool & such?

2. Who is the cruise director on the Quantum? Or who will be the director at the time in 3 weeks?

3. What is the wifi situation onboard for an 8-night trip? I remember on the Oasis it was around $130 for unlimited all trip long. Is it the same package on the Quantum?

4. What is the best time to try & get in line for the Northstar? For line purposes, but also view purposes.

5. Is Jamies worth the $30 surcharge? I thought we had 5 Dynamic Dining options, but apparently Coastal Kitchen is off limits for people in balcony rooms...

Anything else I should know before sailing? Appreciate all the help, thanks everyone!

Edited by O.92

Hello all, I will be sailing on the Quantum in 3 weeks on 3/13, just some quick questions to help prepare for the trip.

1. Sailing from Bayonne, we will not be at Port Canaveral in FL until Day 4. How is the weather on the way down (and back)? I imagine it will be freezing in NJ on the first day. On which day can we expect it to get warm enough to use the pool & such?

2. Who is the cruise director on the Quantum? Or who will be the director at the time in 3 weeks?

3. What is the wifi situation onboard for an 8-night trip? I remember on the Oasis it was around $130 for unlimited all trip long. Is it the same package on the Quantum?

4. What is the best time to try & get in line for the Northstar? For line purposes, but also view purposes.

5. Is Jamies worth the $30 surcharge? I thought we had 5 Dynamic Dining options, but apparently Coastal Kitchen is off limits for people in balcony rooms...

Anything else I should know before sailing? Appreciate all the help, thanks everyone!

1. Do you believe the weather man more than a keyboard warrior?

2. Even RCI might not be able to confirm that

3. Internet packages available but varies by # of devices and speed desired (cost will be similar)

4. Early in the morning

5. There are 5 (Silk, Grande, American Icon, Chic, Devinly Decadance) - any upcharge venues' worth is very subjective

On Quantum now:D

Today is Day 3 and waking up to much milder weather finally...Day 2 was way to cold still to be outside.

Ken Rush in the cruise director.

With my D+ discount i paid $105 for an unlimited internet plan for one device for my 9 night sailing.

Ate at Wonderland last night....if your adventurous DO IT!!! Cops good as usual...I did pay an extra $18 for the 20 oz Porterhouse that I shared...was very good and 2 of us couldn't even finish it with all the sides.

Ship is very different from all other Royal ships....beautiful ship.

sailed on the Quantum on Feb. 2 and can't believe the weather in Bayonne will be as bas a sours. It was snowy and icy. It was a sight watching the snow/sleet from 2x70. In regards to your inwuiry:

1. Since you are sailing in approx. 3 weeks the weather should be a bit warmer in Bayonne. My guess by the time you sail the Georgia/Florida area should be decent. Don't forget you can enjoy a swim/hot tub in the Solarium and indoor pool.

2. Ken Rush and I believe there will not be a change. They did change Captain's on subsequent cruise.

3. There was a thread on the regular RCL board that on the Allure they reduced their internet package pricing.

4. On the 11 niter we were the 1st in line at 7:30 am on the St. Marteen stop. It was awesome. You should try the ripcord/I fly--it's amazing feeling.

5. we ate there twice. It is worth if you select the plank board appetizer with the olives, bread etc. You can order as many appetizers as you want. I made the mistake the first time of ordering the eggplant as an entrée--not worth it and it was not to what I'm accustomed. However, the lamb chops (4) is an excellent choice. Many of the entrees are not so called Italian dishes.

The second time, I desired pasta and asked the waiter if instead of the white clam sauce with linguini entree, the chef could make red a la fra diavolo. The dish that I got, was plain, bland, and never had the clam taste. However, if you like pasta, do try the fettuccini Bolognese.

Not sure why you will be at Port Canaveral on day 4, we were there on day 3. Expect the weather in March to be cold on embarkation day and the sea day(s) down. It's always much colder than the actual temperature when the ship is sailing due to the wind.

Katie Turner was the cruise director last week.

We didn't take the internet package but had a voice/data AT&T package instead.

Early morning is the best time to line up for Northstar. At prime times there is up to a 60 minute wait. Keep in mind that it is often closed due to weather and sea conditions. We went up while anchored at Coco Cay, it was mid afternoon and the wait was about 30 minutes. It also went over the side and as far as we were concerned, it was nothing to get excited about but due to all the hype it's something you'll want to do.:rolleyes:

We ate a Jamie's and were unimpressed. In our opinion it doesn't compare to Italian restaurants here in NYC. We much prefered the 4 main restaurants, especially Silk and Grande.

Edited by nycruise

Not sure why you will be at Port Canaveral on day 4, we were there on day 3. Expect the weather in March to be cold on embarkation day and the sea day(s) down. It's always much colder than the actual temperature when the ship is sailing due to the wind.

Early morning is the best time to line up for Northstar. At prime times there is up to a 60 minute wait. Keep in mind that it is often closed due to weather and sea conditions. We went up while anchored at Coco Cay, it was mid afternoon and the wait was about 30 minutes. It also went over the side and as far as we were concerned, it was nothing to get excited about but due to all the hype it's something you'll want to do.:rolleyes:

We ate a Jamie's and were unimpressed. In our opinion it doesn't compare to Italian restaurants here in NYC. We much prefered the 4 main restaurants, especially Silk and Grande.

WOW, no announcement on the changing of CD, but did announce a change in Captaincy.

Bajathree, who is presently on board the Quantum just clarified that Ken Rush is the CD and Katie Turner is the Activities Manager.

Bajathree, who is presently on board the Quantum just clarified that Ken Rush is the CD and Katie Turner is the Activities Manager.

Kathie was introduced as the CD, guess Ken was away for the week, his name was never mentioned the entire week.

Kathie was introduced as the CD, guess Ken was away for the week, his name was never mentioned the entire week.

Yes we had Katie as cruise director. Maybe it's the whole approach of the ship but we didn't see her much. Perhaps if we went to the trivia things...