John Heald "Requests"

hhalliv

Hey Cruise Critics,

I know John Helad is a touchy personality around here, but I was wondering if anyone has made any requests of him?? I know on his facebook page he always talks about all of the requests he fields, and I was wondering how to get one to him. Does anyone know??

Thank you!

I have asked John for seats at a ten top for dinner twice and got it both times.

If you don't mind my asking, how did you get your request to him?? Did he respond, or was it magically done when you boarded??

I've always made my requests directly to the ship. To the steakhouse for chefs table reservations, to the maitre'd for unique table issues. Bless his heart to taking all those requests and passing them along, but most things don't need his assistance. Just saying...;)

Per the advice here, I sent a message via blog indicating it was our honeymoon. I received an email back saying to reply to the email the week we said with our cabin #.

For steakhouse reservations and seating preference I emailed the ship directly and recd reply from steakhouse but not maitre d

I was going to e-mail the maitre d' directly, but a few weeks ago he went on a rant about how he is the one who should be fielding all the requests. I don't know why he said that, as I imagine it must be a lot, but that's what he said

I was going to e-mail the maitre d' directly, but a few weeks ago he went on a rant about how he is the one who should be fielding all the requests. I don't know why he said that, as I imagine it must be a lot, but that's what he said

Because responding to emails is not an expectation placed on the maitres. Some may respond, others do not, then people get pissy if they don't get a response. The Maitre will be available for all right after boarding so folks who are requesting something six months out are wasting their time.

I have asked John for seats at a ten top for dinner twice and got it both times.

Am I happy to read that. Without asking, on our last two cruises we were at a table for 2. Since we eat out most of the time and it's just the 2 of us, we enjoy the 10 top tables. Going to request this for the Bloggers Cruise next year.

I had an unpleasant experience with some spa employees, on the Triumph in December. I was very upset, went back to my cabin and wrote John on his FB wall. The next day, I had a very nice written apology asking me to please not let the incident ruin my cruise, along with a bottle of wine and chocolate-covered strawberries. John really cares that we have a pleasant experience.