John Heald "Requests"

hhalliv

We will be a party of 10 later this year on the Sunshine. Our reservations are linked. I thought we would automatically be given a table for 10. Do I have to email the Maitre D with this request or go to the MDR upon arrival?

If all of your reservations are linked, then they will sit you at a table that will fit everyone (up to 10 per table). There is no need to contact the Maitre'd. Your dining table will be on your S&S card, and you can confirm with the rest of your party that you all have the same dining table assignment (again, up to 10 people).

Have a great cruise !

If all of your reservations are linked, then they will sit you at a table that will fit everyone (up to 10 per table). There is no need to contact the Maitre'd. Your dining table will be on your S&S card, and you can confirm with the rest of your party that you all have the same dining table assignment (again, up to 10 people).

Have a great cruise !

Thanks!

he response back to you on your FB request to him.

Is that where you open the Posts to page then have to scroll down 3 stories at a time, click see more, see 3 more, click see more on and on?

Edit: decided to check my email and there was a note from John. Sure wish I knew that earlier today!!!!

Edited by crusinpsychRN

Hey Cruise Critics,

I know John Helad is a touchy personality around here, but I was wondering if anyone has made any requests of him?? I know on his facebook page he always talks about all of the requests he fields, and I was wondering how to get one to him. Does anyone know??

Thank you!

Yes. I sent him a message via facebook and he responded within an hour.

I sent an email first and was told to put my request on his FB page the day before we sailed. I did that and on our first day we received chocolate dipped strawberries, a bottle of champagne AND a ship on a stick! I was so excited! It was our honeymoon. We sailed on the Liberty two weeks ago.

I sent an email first and was told to put my request on his FB page the day before we sailed. I did that and on our first day we received chocolate dipped strawberries, a bottle of champagne AND a ship on a stick! I was so excited! It was our honeymoon. We sailed on the Liberty two weeks ago.

That's great! Congrats on your marriage and it sounds like you had a wonderful honeymoon!

I was going to e-mail the maitre d' directly, but a few weeks ago he went on a rant about how he is the one who should be fielding all the requests. I don't know why he said that, as I imagine it must be a lot, but that's what he said

No way would I post on a public page with my name and dates telling everyone when I'm away from home. All one needs to do is click on someone's name and you get all their personal details.

I still go directly to the departments people etc. Our email requests to the maître d' are always honored, and in private.

Is that where you open the Posts to page then have to scroll down 3 stories at a time, click see more, see 3 more, click see more on and on?

Edit: decided to check my email and there was a note from John. Sure wish I knew that earlier today!!!!

You shouldn't have to scroll. You should just have a FB notification. Click in that and it will take you right to your post, as well as his answer.

Have a great cruise !

We have always had great success when the bookings are linked, except with our June 2014 cruise on the dream. We were in the same general area, but they spread us out at 3 tables. We never compared our table numbers since it's never been a problem. When we were seated the first night, they realized how we were spread out, and they fixed it that night. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for hijacking the thread but is there anyway to send him a private message? The way fb is set up now everybody can see when you post to someones page. And there are specific someones I want to surprise but I'm afraid they'll see it!

Sorry for hijacking the thread but is there anyway to send him a private message? The way fb is set up now everybody can see when you post to someones page. And there are specific someones I want to surprise but I'm afraid they'll see it!

Not that I know of. I had the same problem, and a family member saw my post and messaged me to basically shame me for asking a favor of John! LOL

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk 2