Word of advice.

packard89

I was just in Roatan last Thursday, I had several $20's and $10's that were slightly damaged, (the corner was torn off, or maybe a slight tear anywhere on the bill) and they wouldn't take them. Thank goodness I brought a lot of extra cash or I would have been screwed, we were on a tour to go zip lining. So inspect your money before going there.

Other than that, we loved Roatan!! I've heard that people don't care for the area....I'd go again in a heartbeat

I hope this info helps somebody.

Same thing holds true in Belize, go to the bank before you cruise and get "fresh" dollars, smaller the denomination the better, $1, $5 & $10 unless you plan on paying cash for a tour.

RedRover96

Lesson learned on my part.....I had to go back to the ship to change the bills out for shopping.....

great info, would have never crossed my mind. i will have to double check out my cash now. thanks for the info!

Glad to be of help......if I can save one person from making a mad dash back to the ship like I had to do......[emoji23]

Same thing holds true in Belize, go to the bank before you cruise and get "fresh" dollars, smaller the denomination the better, $1, $5 & $10 unless you plan on paying cash for a tour.

RedRover96

Before heading to shore, stop by the guest services desk on your ship and get smaller fresh bills. Saves having to hunt down a bank and paying an exhange rate or fee.