Gym rules

richleeds

it may be an opportunity for a newcomer to try out a gym for a first time. .

Why wait until a cruise to try a GYM ?

Are there none available in your home town ?

Shame really if not.

I am going to use the gym next time on a cruise. its where the officers hang out.

Edited by P&O Lynn Knickers
Lynn loves the gym

Why wait until a cruise to try a GYM ?

Are there none available in your home town ?

Shame really if not.

I am going to use the gym next time on a cruise. its where the officers hang out.

Personally I do go to a Gym, I really meant for others. A cruise is a good place to try something new. We learned to play bride on one transatlantic and played most days with a lovely couple we met. I do hope that at least some of the officers hang out in the Bridge. :)

Back home I use the gym 4 times a week and did use the gym on the azura last week past. I personally use the gym to raise heartbeat and keep muscles in motion but unless you diet and have a calorie deficit the gym session I suppose are a token gesture[emoji6] I use to see a man in a wheelchair using some equipment and I suppose that was his routine both onboard and at home but most people I saw looked like regular gym goers and knew what their doing. My biggest complaint about the gym on the azura was charging £7.70 for a spin class[emoji16]

Not a comment on any of the foregoing posts but there is a big difference being fit(gym) and being healthy.

There is but I don't suppose anyone is planning to over eat and over drink and then over exercise. Hopefully not anyway.

Correct. But the whole focus of a confined ship environment is wash, cleanse and sanitise at every available opportunity.

Quite Right. On a cruise we do a lot of Ballroom dancing and that's it. :)

I hope you wash your hands - just kidding.:):):)

Bridge & other places to hang-out(POLK) please take note - WCS at every opportunity.

Edited by tjwa

I hope you wash your hands - just kidding.:):):)

Bridge & other places to hang-out(POLK) please take note - WCS at every opportunity.

Not sure I follow you here.

I always wash my hands etc and also clean down the gym equipment.

Should a ships gym be limited to regular gym goers?

The gym, just like other places on board is something I and probably many others like to go and have a look at. If a ship is new to me I check out everything, I will pop into the library (quietly!)but unlikely to read any books that are there(make sure I have plenty on my Kindle).

I accept that your comments about people using equipment without understanding it is valid but I really think it is perfectly reasonable for passengers to look around the ship.

Edited by louthebowler
mistype

As I said earlier I'm a regular gym goer but wife never goes. On our last two cruises she has taken a class (Pilates and yoga)in the gym. She has enjoyed them but hasn't carried them on at home. It would be interesting to see if anyone has started going to the gym after taking a class on a cruise ship.

As I said earlier I'm a regular gym goer but wife never goes. On our last two cruises she has taken a class (Pilates and yoga)in the gym. She has enjoyed them but hasn't carried them on at home. It would be interesting to see if anyone has started going to the gym after taking a class on a cruise ship.

I would be unlikely to do that. For me the whole purpose of this trip, other than relaxation, is to try stuff I wouldn't normally do. If I was a gym person, I would likely not use the gym on board, but as I am not a gym person, I may well pay it a visit and have a session on a bike for example

I For me .............. is to try stuff I wouldn't normally do.

Hi newbieafloat, I agree with you about trying new things

Whilst on a cruise, one must try out new things.

new experiences, new modes of fun.

I have met many new friends over dinner. And what people will do on a cruise is great. I will be spending a lot more time in the GYM, as it looks like its where all the fun is.

many thanks, and glad that we have the same interests.

Edited by P&O Lynn Knickers
Lynn has met a new friend.

I like pilates, and have taken Yoga classes in the past.

...and having read through this entire thread, from beginning to end, (twice) I sincerely question why people still continually ask me why I prefer to cruise and very often too, with other cruise lines rather than with P&O??

Why?? Because of uncaring, unsharing, selfish, utterly thoughtless people, shown time and again, by obsessive example, in subsequent postings, by the original thread poster, who (Male or Female?) shows no thought for anybody, but themselves and their own selfish needs and possibly, their all embracing vanity?

No onboard community awareness, no understanding or humanity shown towards others, just their selfless adoration and the warped narcissistic belief that someone or some people, actually found the Gym, just to gawp at them.

It is surely everyone's cruise to enjoy, in whatever way they feel or they can? So please, lets not be dictated to, by these over obsessive, ego driven fools, that mistakenly feel that it is their, and only their opinion, that counts.

Edited by Citizenship

...and having read through this entire thread, from beginning to end, (twice) I sincerely question why people still continually ask me why I prefer to cruise and very often too, with other cruise lines rather than with P&O??

Why?? Because of uncaring, unsharing, selfish, utterly thoughtless people, shown time and again, by obsessive example, in subsequent postings, by the original thread poster, who (Male or Female?) shows no thought for anybody, but themselves and their own selfish needs and possibly, their all embracing vanity?

No onboard community awareness, no understanding or humanity shown towards others, just their selfless adoration and the warped narcissistic belief that someone or some people, actually found the Gym, just to gawp at them.

It is surely everyone's cruise to enjoy, in whatever way they feel or they can? So please, lets not be dictated to, by these over obsessive, ego driven fools, that mistakenly feel that it is their, and only their opinion, that counts.

The OP as far as we know is not P&O cruiser he has a hatred for P&O and the people who cruise with them. So if you want to avoid him cruise P&O. Simples.

Oh dear.... quite an outburst... calm down dear!!! Chill :)

There's no evidence that the post you refer to isn't a well reasoned comment imo given some of the posts of late!

Edited by kruzseeka

The OP as far as we know is not P&O cruiser he has a hatred for P&O and the people who cruise with them. So if you want to avoid him cruise P&O. Simples.

Well that is very re-assuring news indeed!

and rest assured too that our plans are already made and booked, Dai,

Next year on Aurora, during a 'Worldie' sector. Looking forward to it, already!

P&A.;)

There's no evidence that the post you refer to isn't a well reasoned comment imo given some of the posts of late!

I agree but these offensive posts have been going on for a long time.

People need to report offensive posts and they will be removed.