Library on Queen Victoria

Sophistikatie

Is one able to take books from the library on Queen Victoria - to read in the cabin or other areas?

I read a lot and quite quickly so hoping not to have to bring lots of books with me and enjoy the ones on board instead.

What types of books do they have in the library?

Victoria has a great library. There are lending and reference sections. Guests are allowed to take out two books at a time with no limit on the number of days the books are out on loan, two hours or two weeks etc, as long as they are back on the penultimate day. The reference books must stay in the library but there are comfy chairs provided for browsing/reading.

The library shelves are locked up when the librarian isn't there, but there is a small shelf of passenger donated [paperback] books which can be borrowed at any time, with no check made. I leave my books there when I've finished with them, saves luggage space and weight on the flights back.

Edited by Victoria2

Oh that's great!

Do they have all types of books, from chick lit to crime (like Harlan Coben etc?)

Not looked specifically for Harlan Coben, but there are loads of James Patterson, Faye Kellerman, Jonathan Kellerman, Tess Gerritsen, Patricia Cornwell etc so there's a good chance there are books of his aboard. Good selection of chick-lit too. In fact, a good cross section of fiction and non-fiction. A great library.