Luggage Tags

jenn6743

Hi All, I am na newbie to NCL and was wondering if the luggage tags are the printable version or do they send the sticker kind??? We are going on a Western Med. in a few months, and Im trying to plan the details ahead of time to make it easy. Thanks ahead of time.

Jenn

Hi and welcome.

Only suite guests get tags sent to them. Everyone else prints them out from the ncl.com account. Once your edocs are ready, open that link and there will be a spot to click for luggage tags to be printed.

Edited by mizlorinj

Hi All, I am na newbie to NCL and was wondering if the luggage tags are the printable version or do they send the sticker kind??? We are going on a Western Med. in a few months, and Im trying to plan the details ahead of time to make it easy. Thanks ahead of time.

Jenn

Seeing that you have been a member since 2008 you may have forgotten that there is a search engine and I'm sure there are many pages covering the subject.

Seeing that you have been a member since 2008 you may have forgotten that there is a search engine and I'm sure there are many pages covering the subject.

I've never understood this. If u don't want to answer the question then don't. Y be rude. Y even b on here reading the questions? Weird.

Why do so many on here jump up and shout when the search feature is mentioned? If someone asks questions that are answered dozens if not hundreds of times, might it not just be an educational thing. The previous poster was not rude. Just sharing information. What is rude at times are those trying to defend against something that has not happened. Even the "sticky" tells members to search before asking. Are they rude? Chill!;)

Reference the printed luggage tags that will be available when you edocs are ready to print, as of recently, the tags print much bigger than before. Apparently NCL is changing to the big luggage tag size, the size used by most other cruise lines.

Oh...reference "use the search feature", actually about every conceivable topic has been discussed at least once on this forum. So I guess no additional threads should from now on be generated. Just go search. Oooops.....guess I should have searched for that question first.

Edited by roger001

Reference the printed luggage tags that will be available when you edocs are ready to print, as of recently, the tags print much bigger than before. Apparently NCL is changing to the big luggage tag size, the size used by most other cruise lines.

Can you (or anyone else) be so kind as to provide the exact dimensions of the new luggage tags, when folded? Thanks.

Can you (or anyone else) be so kind as to provide the exact dimensions of the new luggage tags, when folded? Thanks.

The clear plastic luggage tag holders that can be purchased are advertise as 6.5 by 3.2 inches. I just printed out a luggage tag from NCL edocs. It is right at 3.2 wide and 4.2 inches long, when folded.

The clear plastic luggage tag holders that can be purchased are advertise as 6.5 by 3.2 inches. I just printed out a luggage tag from NCL edocs. It is right at 3.2 wide and 4.2 inches long, when folded.

Thanks very much for the info and the quick reply.

On the last couple of cruises since they are no longer sending out your info in the mail with sticky durable luggage tags....I've printed them out and folded them up and take them to work and run them thru our laminating machine....cut them to size....punch a hole in them and before we get to the departure port we zip tie them to the suitcase handle. Works great ..... very durable and don't have to worry about how to attach them. They show that you should staple them...but how many people carry a stapler with them on vacation. Before we get off the ship to fly home we take a finger nail clipper and cut them off and usually keep one to put in the photo album. Hope this works for other people. We've done this on both Holland and NCL. Enjoy your cruise

You can adjust the size of the luggage tags by printing them at 80% or 120%, or whatever.

I have the cruise ship luggage tags holders from Amazon, and I just print them at 80% and they fit. When cruising other lines I make similar adjustments.

If you can't say something nice, Don't say anything at all !!! Please use your manners :rolleyes:

I found some plastic luggage tags on Amazon that were really nice. They are plastic with metal rings and metal cords that attaches to the luggages. We normally carry tap and zip ties for luggage tags but this will make things so much easier.

I just received my plastic tags today from Amazon. They look like they will work great. Last year we used the stapler and one was ripped off which resulted in very late luggage.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just printed my tags for our May cruise: 8" long and 3"wide when folded.

I ordered the wider plastic luggage tags last year.

My room # is correct but it indicates "aft" on the room, when the room it is actually smack dab in the middle of the ship........

CT

That's is an indication for the baggage handlers and cabin stewards as to which elevator they load from, not you room location.

Why do so many on here jump up and shout when the search feature is mentioned? If someone asks questions that are answered dozens if not hundreds of times, might it not just be an educational thing. The previous poster was not rude. Just sharing information. What is rude at times are those trying to defend against something that has not happened. Even the "sticky" tells members to search before asking. Are they rude? Chill!;)

Poster was rude. many ways it could have been said without giving offfense. that wasn't one of them

After looking at your profile, you are so very helpful in many of your posts directing people to the search engine. Why did you even leave that remark?

She is new to NCL. Please go troll somewhere else, like myspace.

I just received my plastic tags today from Amazon. They look like they will work great. Last year we used the stapler and one was ripped off which resulted in very late luggage.

I always put 2 tags on each suitcase, one on each handle since they are paper. However, I use clear reinforced tape over them. I also place inside each bag an 8.5 x 11 piece of paper with my ship room number in case everything gets ripped off. For a cruise, I first put inside the suitcase the hotel I'm staying at the night before & the cruise ship on the same piece of paper in the event the delayed suitcase doesn't make it until the next day and my regular luggage tags are ripped off.

I always put 2 tags on each suitcase, one on each handle since they are paper. However, I use clear reinforced tape over them. I also place inside each bag an 8.5 x 11 piece of paper with my ship room number in case everything gets ripped off. For a cruise, I first put inside the suitcase the hotel I'm staying at the night before & the cruise ship on the same piece of paper in the event the delayed suitcase doesn't make it until the next day and my regular luggage tags are ripped off.

What a great idea. I will be using that tomorrow when I leave.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk