Grrrrrrr

Cruiseoften

Mine was doing that for a while - usually when I tried to add one of the smilies... if I am making a "long-winded" post (which I've been known to do, lol!), I usually copy it periodically to an MS Word doc so I don't lose all that typing.... when I lose the text, I always figure I wasn't meant to post it in the first place, lol!!!

If I see the little blue dots showing that my post may not be accepted, I select the text, chose copy, and put the text in an e-mail to myself. That's the only place I'm sure to find it later. I'm posting this morning at 5 am Eastern time. It's been the only time worth reading the boards in the last few days. susana.

Well... I was going to say something about the boards knowing who to allow and who to kick off... but after trying to post it 10 times and losing my internet connection each time... I know it must be something else...:D

Seriously, there have been a couple of times recently when it appeared that everything was locked up, but after just leaving it set for a minute or two, the post suddenly went trough and everything returned to normal. During that wait, however, Internet explorer was using 99% of the computer's resources trying to get the message through. I would imagine, on a slower connection, it would actually disconnect from the internet.

Well... I was going to say something about the boards knowing who to allow and who to kick off... but after trying to post it 10 times and losing my internet connection each time... I know it must be something else...:D

That thought crossed my mind. :p

Seriously, there have been a couple of times recently when it appeared that everything was locked up, but after just leaving it set for a minute or two, the post suddenly went trough and everything returned to normal. During that wait, however, Internet explorer was using 99% of the computer's resources trying to get the message through. I would imagine, on a slower connection, it would actually disconnect from the internet.

Today, for now at least, I'm sailing along with a strong tailwind. I keep a Word page on my desktop and after typing the message I copy and paste there remember to hit SAVE before hitting submit - there it stays until I see my message on the board.

I have once in a while been disconnected and getting back in useless for some time.

Archived