Surprise cruise! B2B Victory and Glory review Feb 2-15/15

0pelletier0

IMG_1329.jpg

IMG_1329.jpg

IMG_1329.jpg

[/url]

This "bridge" looking part between the buildings is actually 1 suite. The guide told us it has a gold toilet, gold countertops, and I forget what else was gold. It rents out at... wait for it.... $70,000 a night?! :eek: and MJ was the first person to ever stay in the suite.

IMG_1344.jpg

We knew for sure we wanted to do the waterpark, and if we had time, then do the aquariums. So we decided to find the lockers and drop our stuff first to go enjoy the waterslides. Once we finally found the lockers, we headed toward one of the towers that houses the waterslides, only to find out... the slides didn't open until 10.... It was only about 9:10, as the excursion started at 8:30 so we had a bit of time to kill. Atlantis has its own private beach, so we went there.

IMG_1353.jpg

[/url]

That's the only picture I have (which was actually taken after), because I left my camera in the locker, thinking we would be going on waterslides. The ocean was SO wavey, we decided to hop in and enjoy the water. This was Nick's first official time swimming in the ocean and we had a blast floating over the waves. We swam for about 45 minutes until the slides opened.

As I said, I didn't have my camera for the waterpark portion, so I really don't have any pictures of the slides or anything other than what I took afterwards. We went on all of the slides once each, and our favourite ended up being Serpent Slide. A dark tube ride that spits you out into a clear tunnel that goes through the shark tank. It was amazing!!! Once you got into the clear part, you came to nearly a stop and could actually watch the sharks swimming around you. Once another tube came down behind you, it would bring a little wave of water with it, and you would slowly get pushed forward. It was an amazing experience. We went on it about 4 or 5 times! While we were on it one time, they were actually feeding the sharks so you could see them thrashing around and fighting over hunks of meat. Pretty neat experience, sorry no pictures.

Our least favourite slide was leap of faith. A body slide that is almost vertical (the only one we actually got a picture of). The slide part was fun, but once at the bottom, it flattened out and you went through the shark tunnel as well. Except since you fall nearly vertically and get up to such a speed, once you flatten out, the water pelts your face so bad it hurts! I was wiping my eyes and trying to open them but couldn't, and I missed the whole shark tank (which only lasted a second anyway cause you were going so fast). By the time I got my eyes open, I popped out the end of the slide. Hmmm no fun. Considering I am a springboard diver, and LOVE the water, and usually swim with my eyes open, I would've thought of all people, I would be able to keep my eyes open during the slide. Nope. Nick wasn't a fan of it either and said he didn't get to see anything so we didn't go on it again.

Some of the water slides spit you out into the "not-so-lazy" river which was so much fun. It is filled with small tidal waves, rapids, waterfalls, currents, and we had a blast. We were on a 2 person tube and it was nice to just lay there and ride around. Throughout the afternoon, the weather actually got a bit nicer. The sun came and went multiple times. The wind didn't let up though. A few times while we were floating in the river it was COLD but the water was heated (I think?) so we just dipped farther into the water. Two thumbs up to Atlantis for the warm water!

After the waterpark, we decided to grab our stuff from the locker, and spend the rest of the afternoon at the aquariums until it was time to leave. The first place we went was back to the shark tank that the waterslide went through. I took TONS of pictures of it, and in a couple you can see the waterslide, and even people in the tube.

IMG_1355.jpg

IMG_1359.jpg

IMG_1358.jpg

IMG_1369.jpg

IMG_1363.jpg

I took a panorama of the tank... except since the sharks were swimming, they got a little distorted....sorry fishies!

IMG_1357.jpg

[/url]

IMG_1364.jpg

IMG_1362.jpg

Once I decided I had enough pictures of the shark tank, we wandered off to find the other aquariums. On our way, we took a few more pictures of the resort, including a picture of the Leap of Faith slide.

IMG_1372.jpg

IMG_1381.jpg

IMG_1371.jpg

Edited by 0pelletier0

Shortly after, we found the entrance to the underwater system of aquariums called The Dig. I had read about it on the website and was quite excited to check it out.

IMG_1383.jpg

[/url]

Throughout the whole tunnel, there is a lot of 'architecture' including sculptures, carvings, designs, etc. Right inside the entrance to the tunnel was some cool carvings.

IMG_1384.jpg

IMG_1385.jpg

There were millions of fish in TONS of different tanks. I am a big fan of aquariums and love looking at all the different fish so I went camera crazy here, taking pictures of EVERYTHING. The aquariums are all decorated nicely with shipwrecks, ruins, and lots of scenery in them.

IMG_1386.jpg

[/url]

IMG_1392.jpg

IMG_1391.jpg

IMG_1398.jpg

IMG_1399.jpg

The end of The Dig dumped us out into one of the lobbies of one of the hotels. It was gorgeous.

IMG_1560.jpg

[/url]

IMG_1561.jpg

By the time we finished The Dig, it was almost time to go, so we started to head back towards our bus stop. On the way we checked out a couple more exhibits...

IMG_1578.jpg

IMG_1586.jpg

IMG_1593.jpg

IMG_1595.jpg

Took a few more pictures inside the final hotel before we left.

IMG_1597.jpg

[/url]

IMG_1599.jpg

We took our bus back to the ship, ready to board her for the last time..

IMG_1610.jpg

Near the port entry, there was a port security guard who offered to take our picture. though it wasn't our ship in the background, it was a neat picture.

IMG_1619.jpg

IMG_1625.jpg

We got back on board and headed up to our balcony to watch sail away. The Norweigian Getaway was in port beside us.

IMG_1630.jpg

[/url]

IMG_1637.jpg

IMG_1636.jpg

Shortly after we went for dinner in the MDR. During dinner, the waiters lined up and marched around the MDR swinging their arm towels. Not sure what that was for but it was fun to watch.

IMG_1642.jpg

Later that night we watched 60 seconds or less which was too funny to watch. Just like the game show, contestants had to do certain tasks the fastest or within a certain time frame to win. After that we watched showcase of stars which consists of fellow cruisers performing for the audience in the auditorium. They were all so good - I would never be able to do that.

We headed up to our cabin to head to bed for our last relaxing, peaceful night on the Victory.

IMG_1300.jpg

More please! You are telling a great story! Can't wait for the Glory portion of your review. We were on the Glory 2/21-2/28. Did you spend any time in the sports bar? Best bartender of the whole cruise worked there!

Anxiously awaiting more of your story.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...