Dream lanai

arkjeweler

I cannot post pics from my tablet, but if you will Google "Carnival Dream Lanai" you will see plenty of pics. I just did that and was reminded that you probably would not want a balcony cabin right above the seaside bar bbq either.

I have two pictures from my Dream review from last year that show the relationship between the Lanai and Deck 6 balconies. These are on my blog near the bottom of this page: http://www.embarkandaway.com/day-1-new-orleans-part-1.html

Once you get near the bottom you see about 6 Lanai pictures.

Sorry, I cannot link to individual pictures due to limits with my provider. If you cannot find them I will try to create a google document with the photo in it because I can't seem to post photos here.

Edited by thecruiserofships

You will definitely make new friends if you are on deck 6! Your balcony overlooks the Lanai. I would definitely avoid a cabin mid-ship ie. overlooking the Ocean Plaza, port or starboard. For me, I would also avoid booking just aft of Ocean Plaza on the starboard side on decks 6 and 7. The smoke from the BBQ on sea days is insane! When I have gone out there, I have felt so sorry for anyone in those cabins, as I would think it would be very hard to enjoy balconies at that time. It's a very short period of time, true, but the smoke will also most likely seep into the cabins, though I could be wrong.

Edited by Cruisin'Doc

I actually like deck 6 overlooking the lanai. It's a great spot to people watch. I would say that maybe 1 out of every 10 people would even bother looking up at us. The lanai isn't really very busy either, the only time we really saw more than a few people out there was elegant night when taking pictures. You can get some beautiful shots from the lanai.

I agree with the recommendation for the cove, not just for the privacy & clear view down to the water, but also because it's so amazing to be so close to the water.

Here is my shot from the lanai. I would not want to have one of those deck 6 balconies. Some people might like the people watching, which is fair enough, but this just isn't what I want. In the distance of this shot, see how tall & extended the hot tub is. People in a deck 6 balcony above that better like people watching, because they'll see more hot tub than they will ocean.

0116.jpg

We had a balcony on 6 and personally, we didn't have any issues. We actually liked it a lot. Yes, you're close to the lanai, but people waking by can't look into your cabin although they'll see you if you're sitting in your balcony and they are craning their necks to look up (which most people don't).

Our cabin was not overlooking the BBQ, smoking areas or the hot tubs, so we weren't bothered by any of that. So for anybody thinking about getting a cabin on deck 6, I'd highly recommend that they look at deck plans before selecting a cabin in order to avoid those areas.