Todd English/ Favorite Dishes

nuekruizer

Any suggestions on what to order at Todd English on QM2? Is the menu fairly standard? How is the food compared to the Princess Grill?
Hi nuekruizer,

I've enjoyed, on many visits since 2006...

Truffled Potato Love Letters,

Grilled Beef Tenderloin over Toasted Garlic Spinach,

Chocolate Fallen Cake.

Of course, the menu may have changed since my last visit (September '14).

The portion sizes are... substantial, in my experience (you may wish to have a very light lunch and skip afternoon tea in preparation).

Hope this helps :) .

I find that the food is quite rich and better suited to a leisurely lunch, I like the fig and prosciutto flatbread, the salmon or Brick chicken and the chocolate fallen cake. Some nice wine, a coffee and maybe a soupcon of brandy on the terrace bar afterwards. A perfect QM2 day.

If you are travelling in the Grills my personal opinion is, you've no need to rush to visit Todd English. This restaurant is well past it's sell by date , the sooner the panned refit for QM2 ,the better, when hopefully his contract will have ceased.

The food is far too rich and offers some of the most unusual combinations, not to mention that the menu has 'almost' been the same for the last ten years.

The Queen Victoria (and QE) have set the standard with their own 'In House' speciality restaurant 'The Veranda' , here the menu changes on a three month cycle.

The Capn & I only visit TE because we are offered a free Lunch :D :D

;)

My husband and I sail in the Grills, but we always love going to TE on every voyage, last time we went 3 times.

Try the "Tasting Menu" but go when you're hungry. You get to try 5 or 6 different small plates and it is adventurous and delicious.

It's a nice, relaxing dinner with excellent service. They have great wine choices also, different ones from the main restaurant.

May have to give it a go when we are on board, do you need to book?

Definitely give it a go! I found the food to be fantastic and we were in Queens Grill!

You do need to book but as I understand it's never packed out so 90% sure you can always be seated when you show up!

The degustation menu is a pre set menu they offer if you wish to do that, we did and found all the dishes on it deliscious! It was an easy way to get an experience of what the place has to offer. We actually wish we went more than just our last night onboard :( we wanted to try it all after that dinner :)

Enjoy!

Definitely give it a go! I found the food to be fantastic and we were in Queens Grill!

You do need to book but as I understand it's never packed out so 90% sure you can always be seated when you show up!

The degustation menu is a pre set menu they offer if you wish to do that, we did and found all the dishes on it deliscious! It was an easy way to get an experience of what the place has to offer. We actually wish we went more than just our last night onboard :( we wanted to try it all after that dinner :)

Enjoy!

Cheers for that, I think it will be a go for at least one night.:D

Is there a copy of this tasting menu available? What is the cost?

I believe there is photos of the menu online here and there, sorry I haven't got any links :( but you could probably find them using Google search!

The costs are about $7 for apertizer and $12 for mains (give or take a few dollars) they are very reasonable and the food/service top notch! We were sorry we didn't try it more often during our voyage :(