Lawn Club silhouette

SeaWatch

We sailed on the Silhouette last September on an Eastern Med itinerary. The grass was absolutely pristine, so much nicer than in the preceding photographs. We'll know for sure as 12 hours from now we will be revisiting her for an Eastern Caribbean cruise.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all, looking at going on silhouette august next year. Its the Scandinavia & Russia 14 nights. Anyone else thinking of going on the cruise.Went on Eclipse in 2012 the grass was lovely. Cheers Oscar4

Not sure if anyone has seen the episode of Mighty Ships that features the Celebrity Solstice. The 45 minute episode features the Solstice in Australia cruising from Perth to Sydney, but there is a few moments during the episode that features some ship employees maintaining the grass and the extra work that goes into caring for a lawn that is exposed to the salty sea air mist. The whole episode was very interesting, but that part was particularly interesting since I have family that works in the lawn care industry.

• 1 month later...

We were on the Solstice last year for a Western Caribbean cruise. One night we had rough seas. The next morning we were told that the Lawn had gotten too much salt water and was closed. From what I saw, the crew has a system of dealing with the salt water. The grass stayed nice and green the entire cruise.

Not sure if anyone has seen the episode of Mighty Ships that features the Celebrity Solstice. The 45 minute episode features the Solstice in Australia cruising from Perth to Sydney, but there is a few moments during the episode that features some ship employees maintaining the grass and the extra work that goes into caring for a lawn that is exposed to the salty sea air mist. The whole episode was very interesting, but that part was particularly interesting since I have family that works in the lawn care industry.

Yeah I saw that! And when we cruised on Solstice from Hawaii to Sydney last year I was fascinated with the amount of work that went into grooming the lawn.

I started to chat with one of the carers and he explained how they were in the prices of changing the grass over from a ,winter' type grass used for the Alaska season to a summer variety that would be more suited to the pending Sth Pacific season. Sorry can't recall the actual varietals but it was all very interesting.

Sadly we had a storm after leaving Tahiti and the grass was badly burned by sea spray.....which of course is their constant battle and deadly enemy!

But by the time we reached Sydney the grass was lush and green once more! Big Kudos to the wonderful and often unseen team who care for that lovely patch of grass we enjoy as the Lawn Club!!

4991f53673ab1e73c10c6d60d52f2731.jpg

0845225badf2948030dc8f57bfbbea13.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk