Booking Mistake with Passport

rnjill

Hi! Thanks so much for your feedback. I booked my cruise early January under my married name, completely forgetting my passport is with my maiden name. We cruise a week from tomorrow, and I only realized this error when doing my online checkin. Is this going to be ok? We are leaving from Orlando on the liberty to the caribbean. Appreciate any help!

Hi! Thanks so much for your feedback. I booked my cruise early January under my married name, completely forgetting my passport is with my maiden name. We cruise a week from tomorrow, and I only realized this error when doing my online checkin. Is this going to be ok? We are leaving from Orlando on the liberty to the caribbean. Appreciate any help!

Just bring your marriage license with you to show your name change. Not a problem.

Just bring your marriage license with you to show your name change. Not a problem.

I don't think it is that easy. Call Carnival. If you have your birth certificate, Driver's license and marriage certificate that should work but your passport is invalid.

Bring marriage certificate...

In 2011, I booked my cruise under my maiden name even though I'd recently married, because at the time of booking my passport still reflected my maiden name.

In the interim between booking and sailing, I had applied for and gotten a new passport reflecting my married name. So of course now the name on my new passport no longer matches my booking.

All I did upon check-in at the cruise port (Miami) was show my new passport and marriage certificate and they updated my name on the booking and even re-did my sail and sign card in my married name, then and there.

Really easy. Got the feeling they are used to this.

Enjoy your cruise!!