Getaway lobster roll

We are looking forward to our up coming cruise on the Getaway this May and saw that you can get a lobster roll on sea days on the board walk ( up charge)....We love a good Maine lobster roll and would like some feed back on quality and size...worth the $10 price?

Thanks LrgPizza! Though they don't look like Cape Cod lobstah rolls, they look yummy and worth the price. I'm going on the Breakaway 12/27 and Escape 2/14/16, so I'm hoping to enjoy them on these ships!

Thanks LrgPizza! Though they don't look like Cape Cod lobstah rolls, they look yummy and worth the price. I'm going on the Breakaway 12/27 and Escape 2/14/16, so I'm hoping to enjoy them on these ships!

Escape does not have an Ocean Blue Waterfront.

OP, here is your other post on the exact same thing from a month ago. You will find some good info there.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2160860

It's funny you posted this.....I remember that original posters post last month. I don't get why, with all the answers provided, why there was a need to post again especially about a sandwich?! For that matter, why people in general, on CC repost their same questions when answers we posted previously. (Just thinking out loud).

It's funny you posted this.....I remember that original posters post last month. I don't get why, with all the answers provided, why there was a need to post again especially about a sandwich?! For that matter, why people in general, on CC repost their same questions when answers we posted previously. (Just thinking out loud).

Yeah, especially when the OP replied and interacted with people following the replies, so it's not like it was posted and forgotten. Not sure why the need to post the exact same thing again.

Edited by LrgPizza

Yeah, especially when the OP replied and interacted with people following the replies, so it's not like it was posted and forgotten. Not sure why the need to post the exact same thing again.

On another note, those rolls posted on the other thread are tiny....half the size of a regular roll. I also never saw mustard (per the description on the sign) on a lobster roll.

Its almost ironic to see those rolls because I just was at a Carnival Vista promotion in Manhattan and they served lobster rolls. They looked EXACTLY like those on NCL...mini rolls with a swirl of some sauce or dressing on top with a small grilled hot dog bun.

I happened to love it (the event and the lobster rolls) but never understood the point of serving food from a caterer to promote the Vista food and (ship itself) when the ship food would be completely different (and most definitely not taste as good as a land caterer).

**I have to say that I was glad I went to the promotional event though because I won a 10 night trip to Europe/Mediterranean on the Vista and they are including airfare!!! I almost passed out when I got the email that I won.

Having had my fair share of lobster rolls that one rates right up there with some of the best ones I've eaten. We go to Maine quite often during the warmer months.

I am sooooo curious...what are your top 5 lobster roll spots in Maine?

I dont care what anyone says about touristy or not, my fav is always going to be Red's (Wiscassett) because they just use lobster and you can ask for butter or mayo on the side. The lobster meat speaks for itself. It needs nothing. Fisherman's Grill (Portland) in my second slot and J's a close third (Portland). I have a ton of top mentions though.

Este's Lobster House is good for plain old broiled or boiled lobster.

OP, here is your other post on the exact same thing from a month ago. You will find some good info there.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2160860

Sorry if my wife and I are excited about our first cruise on NCL and forgot that I had previously ask the question. I really do not appreciate the posts and your remarks...obviously you have way too much time on your hands .

Sorry if my wife and I are excited about our first cruise on NCL and forgot that I had previously ask the question. I really do not appreciate the posts and your remarks...obviously you have way too much time on your hands .

LOL That is funny. Sure..... be excited about a first cruise but asking 2 times about a lobster roll...now THAT is a LOT of time on your hands (especially for a sandwich). Get it.....don't get...its not a monumental decision.

I was not unfriendly in anything I said here. I was helpful by kindly directing you to your recent prior post, since you completely forgot the entire conversations. A simple thank you would have been enough. You're welcome. If it embarrassed you, that's really not my problem. Enjoy your well-researched sandwich.

Three family members had lobster rolls on the Breakaway in the Ocean Blue boardwalk. What a disappointment.. the rolls were very greasy,lobster was very good but very little filling in the roll..chips came with it soggy