Epic out of Barcelona

lsmommy

The Epic does have embarkation in Rome, so it may be possible, but not knowing which specific cruises you are talking about we can't give a definitive answer.

Look on the NCL website to see if your option is listed (you may need to combine two). If not then give them a call to find out if there is anything they can do.

Hard to see how they could stop you. Take your bags and leave?

What is the difference between disembarking early at Rome, and failing to make it back to the ship in time so it sails without you.

I read the question differently (and I assume incorrectly) in that they wanted to depart on the cruise 3 days early, rather than leave it three days early.

Your answer seems reasonable, although obviously they would be paying over the odds for the cruise. Considering that Rome is an embarkation port on a lot of these cruises it may be worth checking if it can be officially accommodated. It's probably unlikely but is worth a call.

I read the question differently (and I assume incorrectly) in that they wanted to depart on the cruise 3 days early, rather than leave it three days early.

Your answer seems reasonable, although obviously they would be paying over the odds for the cruise. Considering that Rome is an embarkation port on a lot of these cruises it may be worth checking if it can be officially accommodated. It's probably unlikely but is worth a call.

I read it same as yourself Keith, they wanted to join 3 days earlier.

Leaving earlier requires authorities agreeing passengers are landed in the chosen country.

Leaving earlier requires authorities agreeing passengers are landed in the chosen country.

I assume this sort of thing happens reasonably often though, with illness and emergencies. I suppose it would just depend on how the authorities viewed it if it's clear there is no such emergency.

I assume this sort of thing happens reasonably often though, with illness and emergencies. I suppose it would just depend on how the authorities viewed it if it's clear there is no such emergency.

Should be easier as its Spain to Italy so sans borders :). Would be much harder if it was say Spain to Morocco.

But what happens if you don't bother to obtain permission?

I suppose it might make a difference if you are a non-EU passenger, but for an EU passenger on a cruise with only EU stops, I cannot see it would matter.

But what happens if you don't bother to obtain permission?

I suppose it might make a difference if you are a non-EU passenger, but for an EU passenger on a cruise with only EU stops, I cannot see it would matter.

My biggest concern would be getting off the ship with luggage. Plenty of opportunity for questions to be asked.

Whether they care or not is the relevant fact. Being all EU it's likely not.

If you like you can start your cruise in Rome. Barcelona and Rome are both starting and ending points.

May not be the case for this particular cruise. Rome is an embarkation port for the 7 day cruises, but the OP is talking about a 12 day. That may be a complication.

hope this helps

we're booked on the 10 night Barcelona canary island cruise in jan 2016

before booking we asked if we could disembark on day 8 when the ship arrives in Malaga and the answer was YES

there is a protocol to follow but it seems pretty straight forward :) it's along the lines of NCL being able to prepare your bill and alerting the authorities on arrival at the port you wish to get off at that guests are disembarking so you can clear customs

Edited by Jofishes

hope this helps

we're booked on the 10 night Barcelona canary island cruise in jan 2016

before booking we asked if we could disembark on day 8 when the ship arrives in Malaga and the answer was YES

there is a protocol to follow but it seems pretty straight forward :) it's along the lines of NCL being able to prepare your bill and alerting the authorities on arrival at the port you wish to get off at that guests are disembarking so you can clear customs

OP here, looking to miss the last 3 days of the cruise, glad to hear someone has gotten permission to do this, will call NCL if unable to get the extra time off work.

OP here, looking to miss the last 3 days of the cruise, glad to hear someone has gotten permission to do this, will call NCL if unable to get the extra time off work.

This was our main reason " work commitments" :(

and we did in our initial email enquiry for a quote state that we would have to disembark early

Chuckle

Chuckle

Laugh

Laugh

Always funny when folks (including me) try to answer a question when we have no idea what the question is.

And, the OP has not come back for an answer apparently.

You'll be missing the last 4 days of cruise, not 3. :eek:

Not worth it. Look for an alternative cruise. Also you need to price the flights - outward to BCN and return from FCO - will be pricy. More so than the round trip to same place.