Help! Have no idea what to do in Belize!

melissa81

This will be our second time in Belize. The first time we did cavetubing, it was awesome, but no desire to do it again. We have no interest in Mayan ruins, snorkeling, or being at a beach all day. What do you suggest? Cruise leaves in 29 days and I am starting to panic!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

honestly I think if you took the trip to lamanai you would change your mind about ruins. that said, you can take a cab to the municipal airport and fly to ambergris caye. rent a golf cart and spend the day in San Pedro and the surrounding area. check tropic air for flights that leave every hour in both directions. we're going to give that a try in march so check back and I'll let you know how it went.

• 3 weeks later...
charter the helicopter and go over the blue hole... it's AmAZING!!!

Yes, it is. Awesome site.

Also, they run the water taxi boats over to Caye Caulker island which is a cool place to walk around and check out. I staying there for a week once and loved it. They run the boats to San Pedro as well. We also flew out of Caye Caulker has well to Belize City -- that was great. There is a good eating place called Riverside Tavern not far from the port -- great views and food. Take a taxi.

With all that said, don't panic. Just go to the Wet Lizard in port and have a drink... or stay on the boat and enjoy all of the space you will have.

There are several "city tours," which my wife and I have taken advantage of in the past. They have several prominent historical locations in Belize City and there are also some wineries if you enjoy that sort of thing. Also, you have to order a "panty ripper" if you want a local drink...my wife loves them and has introduced the concoction to several bartenders in our local area. Also, there are several websites that can you a good idea of what is there and available, such as Tripadvisor.

Have fun!

• 3 weeks later...
honestly I think if you took the trip to lamanai you would change your mind about ruins. that said, you can take a cab to the municipal airport and fly to ambergris caye. rent a golf cart and spend the day in San Pedro and the surrounding area. check tropic air for flights that leave every hour in both directions. we're going to give that a try in march so check back and I'll let you know how it went.

We would agree! Lamanai exceeded our expectations of ruins. If you're reading this and on the fence, highly consider visiting Lamanai. Our excursion included a river boat ride and a local lunch.

I wonder what the OP finally decided to do in Belize. Her post is dated March 1 and she said she had 29 days left to before her cruise starts.

Her cruise could possibly be over by now. Maybe she will come back and post a review.

I wonder what the OP finally decided to do in Belize. Her post is dated March 1 and she said she had 29 days left to before her cruise starts.

Her cruise could possibly be over by now. Maybe she will come back and post a review.

Yes, I would like to hear what she did. We will be stopping in Belize in September. Our problem will be that we will have our then 13 month old daughter with us, so cavetubing and the like are out. Probably just going to do a little shopping and maybe a city tour.

We would agree! Lamanai exceeded our expectations of ruins. If you're reading this and on the fence, highly consider visiting Lamanai. Our excursion included a river boat ride and a local lunch.

Did you book this through Royal Caribbean or another cruise line?

Did you book this through Royal Caribbean or another cruise line?

We booked our Lamanai shore excursion through RC. It was a long day but well worth it, in my opinion. You might like to see pictures. My wife took a lot and made a slide show for her website. I'll post a link below that will take you right there.

Lamanai Shore Excursions

Happy cruising!