Change in Itinerary for March 15th

colombiangirl

We are going on the Infinity on the 15th out of Santiago through the Panama Canal to Fort Lauderdale. I am so excited as we booked this over a year and a half ago. The Lima port has been changed to Pisco due to construction work going on at the Lima pier. We had our tour all booked through Celebrity and of course now it has been canceled. I called Celebrity and they told me that we'd be getting an OBC for the "inconvenience". I'm curious what they sort of credit will be given. I'm also reading up on Pisco and there does not seem to be anything to do there. So bummed and a bit pissed off. It actually puts about $1000 back in my pocket.....upside, I guess. :mad:

You will get the cost of the excursion refunded to your on board account. Lucky didn't you book a private excursion as the refund might not have been guaranteed.

We had a Lau excursion cancelled in Hawaii, where the cost was refunded, but no OBC.

I have had $50 credit awarded when we weren't given Captain's Club Select Internet Perk -it was a 2 day cruise and Elite members were given the perk, but we were told it wasn't available as it was a 2 day cruise.

I just verified with Celebrity. The cost of the excursion will be charged back to my credit card. They are not sure what the compensation will be as this all just happened Friday. Celebrity agent that I spoke to says they should have more answers mid week.

Our last two cruises were altered greatly, but that was after we had boarded or right at boarding.

Compensation varied for the one due to weather when instead of Bermuda due to a hurricaine, we ended up in Florida and the Bahamas and received OBC of $100 for a standard cabin and $200 for a suite, per person.

When we missed 4 port days in Asia (Indonesia) due to a dispute with the local authorities, we were told the night before boarding or at boarding and everyone was given a 30% future cruise credit.

I think you'll come in somewhere more like scenario 1, a bit of OBC, maybe $100 ish per person?

Happy sailing,

Jenna