Caribbean Princess IC gelato or not

klenklen

I was on it last year and it was not available. Haven't heard otherwise since then. Last month it was offered on the Crown, so maybe they are adding to all ships? Will find out if offered on the Ruby next month

I was on it last year and it was not available. Haven't heard otherwise since then. Last month it was offered on the Crown, so maybe they are adding to all ships? Will find out if offered on the Ruby next month

It will be on the Ruby.

It is not on any ship which had the IC added instead of being a part of the original build.

Ruby, Crown, and Emerald have had it from the beginning.

The ice milk :eek: they serve from the machine does not even come close to the real ice cream or gelato.

I think its nasty. :(

On some of the ships the machine is set properly so it's not really that bad but the stuff on the CB recently was the worst of all. The hard stuff they kept in the back freezer wasn't to bad. Maybe after the refurbishing it'll hopefully get better.

You will find it but it will not be as large of a selection as on the Royal or Regal. It will cost $1.50 for a three scoop serving. On the Royal we could use a punch on the coffee card for the gelato.

Island Princess 2008 Alaska

Island Princess 2009 (B2B) Alaska

Royal Princess (Old) 2010 Alaska

Golden Princess 2011 Alaska

Coral Princess 2012 Panama Canal

Star Princess 2012 Alaska

Island Princess 2013 Alaska

Crown Princess 2013 Western Caribbean

Caribbean Princess 2013 Western Caribbean

Royal Princess 2014 Eastern Caribbean

Royal Princess 2014 New England

Emerald Princess 2014 Western Caribbean

You will find it but it will not be as large of a selection as on the Royal or Regal. It will cost $1.50 for a three scoop serving. On the Royal we could use a punch on the coffee card for the gelato.

I though they had all the flavors each day. Which ones were missing?

They had 2 cases of gelato made fresh each day and they never sold out of the gelato before closing either. Seems like a big waste of money to discard that much ice cream all the time. The only time they were almost sold out was on the last night when people were using up their coffee card punches.

No, but the ice cream place on the Lido deck offers both the whipped stuff as well as the hard ice cream. I'm not sure if it the same thing or not but the hard one did taste slightly better the one day I tried it.

Did not know that. Is the hard ice cream free? What do you ask for?

Did not know that. Is the hard ice cream free? What do you ask for?

Yes, it was also free just like the whipped stuff and it was the first time I've ever see it offered on the Lido deck. They'll ask if you want the soft or hard stuff when ordering. The first 2 times I got the regular whipped stuff & it wasn't all that good so I tried the hard one & it was pretty good (almost like their regular ice cream).

I thought at first it might have just been left over whipped ice cream from the previous day that they put in the freezer.....but it still tasted better.

btw- they also had hard strawberry.

Yes, it was also free just like the whipped stuff and it was the first time I've ever see it offered on the Lido deck. They'll ask if you want the soft or hard stuff when ordering. The first 2 times I got the regular whipped stuff & it wasn't all that good so I tried the hard one & it was pretty good (almost like their regular ice cream).

I thought at first it might have just been left over whipped ice cream from the previous day that they put in the freezer.....but it still tasted better.

btw- they also had hard strawberry.