Port Canaveral - Alamo and Budget rental cars

A2Mich

OK, so we have had to change our plans a little bit. Our cruise leaves PC on Sunday, April 19 from the new RCI Terminal. We were originally going to fly in to MCO in the late afternoon on Saturday April 18, and stay in Florida for nearly a week after the cruise, and return on Saturday May 2. We had to wait on purchasing airline tickets, and the rates on our original flights had gone up way too much, and my hours at work have not been what they should be, so we had to find another alternative. Well, as luck would have it, we were able to find a much better deal on rental cars. We originally booked our rental car online through one of the major warehouse club's website (COSTCO, if I'm allowed to say that here - mods, please delete if need be, as they COULD be considered a travel agent website). At any rate, we had originally booked a rental car from Alamo for the entire time for $490.00, which at the time, was a great rate, and even less expensive than booking the rental car one way from MCO to PC and then the additional 6 days after the cruise, and still would have been less expensive even having to pay $120 to park an unused rental car at the port for 7 days. Well, we decided that in order to save about $200 in airfare, we're now going to take a flight on Friday evening and get to Orlando around midnight. As luck would have it, the rental car situation has gotten much less expensive as well. We can now book a one way rental from MCO to PC from 12:30am April 18 to the morning of the 19th for $32 with Alamo. Upon return from the cruise on April 26, we were able to find a rental from PC and drop off on May 2 at MCO through Budget for $257.00.

Bottom line is that we were able to save $200 on the rental car prices alone, not to mention the $120 in parking costs at PC. However, that also brings us to the issue of using 2 different rental car companies. While that is not really an issue per se, I am not familiar with either rental companies' locations and procedures at Port Canaveral. Are both Alamo and Budget shuttles easy to locate and timely? I had also heard that Alamo rentals were handled through Enterprise, so you actually had to drop off at the Enterprise lot and take the Enterprise shuttle bus back to the various cruise terminals.

Does anyone know how close the various rental lots are to the new RCI Terminal vs the older terminal? Hoping I'm not making my life too difficult by using two different rental companies! Other than simply more for me to remember.

OK, so we have had to change our plans a little bit. Our cruise leaves PC on Sunday, April 19 from the new RCI Terminal. We were originally going to fly in to MCO in the late afternoon on Saturday April 18, and stay in Florida for nearly a week after the cruise, and return on Saturday May 2. We had to wait on purchasing airline tickets, and the rates on our original flights had gone up way too much, and my hours at work have not been what they should be, so we had to find another alternative. Well, as luck would have it, we were able to find a much better deal on rental cars. We originally booked our rental car online through one of the major warehouse club's website (COSTCO, if I'm allowed to say that here - mods, please delete if need be, as they COULD be considered a travel agent website). At any rate, we had originally booked a rental car from Alamo for the entire time for $490.00, which at the time, was a great rate, and even less expensive than booking the rental car one way from MCO to PC and then the additional 6 days after the cruise, and still would have been less expensive even having to pay $120 to park an unused rental car at the port for 7 days. Well, we decided that in order to save about $200 in airfare, we're now going to take a flight on Friday evening and get to Orlando around midnight. As luck would have it, the rental car situation has gotten much less expensive as well. We can now book a one way rental from MCO to PC from 12:30am April 18 to the morning of the 19th for $32 with Alamo. Upon return from the cruise on April 26, we were able to find a rental from PC and drop off on May 2 at MCO through Budget for $257.00.

Bottom line is that we were able to save $200 on the rental car prices alone, not to mention the $120 in parking costs at PC. However, that also brings us to the issue of using 2 different rental car companies. While that is not really an issue per se, I am not familiar with either rental companies' locations and procedures at Port Canaveral. Are both Alamo and Budget shuttles easy to locate and timely? I had also heard that Alamo rentals were handled through Enterprise, so you actually had to drop off at the Enterprise lot and take the Enterprise shuttle bus back to the various cruise terminals.

Does anyone know how close the various rental lots are to the new RCI Terminal vs the older terminal? Hoping I'm not making my life too difficult by using two different rental companies! Other than simply more for me to remember.

Yes, Enterprise - National - Alamo share a building and shuttles! All the companies are under 4 miles from the Port.

Here is a map with the exact locations. If you click on the rental cars you can see pictures of their shuttles!

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zH-7o_mJABR0.kguiZnGCjDj0

Yes, Enterprise - National - Alamo share a building and shuttles! All the companies are under 4 miles from the Port.

Here is a map with the exact locations. If you click on the rental cars you can see pictures of their shuttles!

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zH-7o_mJABR0.kguiZnGCjDj0

Great info - thank you very much. Also good to know that those 3 share the same shuttle buses - seems rather counter-intuitive, but knowing that ahead of time makes things a bit easier.