Visited Galveston To See Carnival Freedom!

I think it is great Carnival now has three homeported ships from Galveston! I had a chance to travel to Galveston yesterday when the Carnival Freedom and Carnival Magic were docked. If you want to view a few photos from my visit I posted a few on my blog (the weather managed to cooperate):

http://www.embarkandaway.com/general-cruise-blog/welcome-to-galveston-carnival-freedom

Some Notes From My Visit:

- The port area was congested with cars (I expected this), but traffic flow seemed must better than normal. I am not sure why or if drop off has been made more efficient. Normally, Harborside Drive seems to be congested during peak times, but I did not notice as much congestion. This could be because there is not as much road construction going on in that area.

- More signage has been added to the port. If you are cruising from here when two Carnival ships are in make sure you drop your luggage off at the correct terminal!!!

- Crew members of the ships were crossing streets in random places. When you are driving in this area make sure you are careful!!

- Now it is time to Royal Caribbean to offer some 4 & 5 days (I can only hope)!

Edited by thecruiserofships

There is some kind of lounge/package holding place right next to Jimmy Johns where most of the crew goes. I had lunch there one day while the Magic was in port and easily 100+ people walked past us with Carnival crew badges.