What Would You Do? Scenic Ocean View vs. Spa Interior (Sunshine)

AnnaNimitee

So, we're booked on the Sunshine in October (4 sea days) in a spa interior cabin. I booked the spa cabin before I realized the Sunshine doesn't have the thelassotherapy pool, so regretting that a little, but what's done is done. I spotted an available scenic ocean view (cabin 9107) last night and put a hold on it.

We really don't mind an interior, and I do like the location of the currently booked cabin, but that scenic view looks pretty tempting. Balconies are priced way out of our range for that sailing.

The difference in fare would be $340 from our current booking, and we'd lose our $50 obc because it was a promotional rate we booked under, so a total negative of $390 (not to mention loss of the spa privileges, but not sure that's as big a deal as it might be on, say, a dream class ship).

What would you do?

I agree, it seems like a lot. I would keep my eye open for possible upgrades, or other promotions which may lead to the price dropping, and result in an upgrade or change in category from the difference. The scenic ocean views are hard to get, and may not be available after this time, but with any price drops, or other promotions, you ay be able to go from your current room to a regular ocean view or balcony.

Outside the $ you give up, the only negative regarding the OV cabin is that it's directly below the gym. If you're lucky, you'll be below some of the stationary bikes or ellipticals. But if they've moved treadmills over to that side of the gym you'll get a nice wake up call every morning from the thumping on the treads. If you're currently booked in one of the interiors on deck 11, you're over the locker rooms. Or if you're up on deck 12, it's just cabins below and the second level of the Serenity deck above.

If it's the grand scenic, having stayed in one I would say it's worth the extra money. If you want it, better grab it. It won't be around for long. The regular scenic oceanviews are nice as well - just not as big. For $340 more and giving up two spa passes, I would pass if it's one of those.

Really appreciate all the feedback, everyone. We're currently booked in 10118, which is super close to all the spa stuff. The gym over the OV cabin part makes me a little nervous, although we're relatively early risers, for the most part. It's a regular scenic OV, not the grand. I also realize that the chances for any price drops with this cabin would be out the (big, giant, beautiful) window.

I'm just afraid if I don't grab it, I'll be kicking myself later.

No T-Pool, no Spa staterooms for us. That's a huge reason why we enjoy the spa experience

Yeah, I had a spa cabin on the Dream and absolutely loved it. Was very disappointed when I found out Sunshine didn't have the t-pool. Shame on me for not researching better, but, you live and learn, I suppose. Just got so excited about the itinerary, I booked pretty blindly. Sad thing is, the spa cabins are already up around $80 more than we paid, so guessing if I'd grabbed the 6-J then, it wouldn't have been such a jump in price.

The room is beautiful and since you will have 4 sea days it may be worth it but it really depends on how much you were going to use the spa and also how much time you're actually going to spend in your cabin. If it were me I'd do it but the extra cost of $390 would make it hard for me to choose. The view looks like it would be amazing.