Breakaway Haven Suite….Which one?

tini

Hi….this will be my 6th NCL cruise….first one on The Breakaway…..thinking of a Haven Suite…..is it really so much worth it over a balcony mini suite? Looking at Haven Penthouse 15102 or Haven Penthouse 9106…..has anyone stayed in either? Which one is nicer to have? Any comments or pics I would be thankful!

We've been on the Jewel and another NCL ship I can't remember the name of, lol. Both of those times we were in connecting balcony rooms (family of four). Last summer, we cruised the Breakaway in the Haven two-bedroom suite, 16720. It was sooo awesome, and we'll never be able to go back to a non-Haven room. If you do decide to go with the Haven, get a room on the 16the floor so you'll be by the courtyard.

Does the room on floor 15 look straight down to water? And…..does the forward balcony on floor nine have a balcony forward and a balcony on the the side? Does the side balcony look straight down to water?

I absolutely loved the Breakaway Haven and on such a large, crowded ship, that private area was wonderful!

With the current promo, you'd be getting the drink and dinner packages, as well as OBC AND your DSC! The value of those should certainly be considered when pricing out your cruise. [emoji4]

HI THERE - THIS IS OUR SECOND TIME ON NCL. THIS TIME (APRIL 6) WE WILL BE ON BREAKAWAY HAVEN. JUST HOPING SOMEONE COULD TELL ME WHAT'S ALL ABOUT. TO ME IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU ARE AWAY FROM EVERYONE ELSE - IS IT A LITTLE LONELY THANKS, REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS CRUISE :o

uote=acharris1;45812693]We've been on the Jewel and another NCL ship I can't remember the name of, lol. Both of those times we were in connecting balcony rooms (family of four). Last summer, we cruised the Breakaway in the Haven two-bedroom suite, 16720. It was sooo awesome, and we'll never be able to go back to a non-Haven room. If you do decide to go with the Haven, get a room on the 16the floor so you'll be by the courtyard.

Does the room on floor 15 look straight down to water? And…..does the forward balcony on floor nine have a balcony forward and a balcony on the the side? Does the side balcony look straight down to water?

The family suite on deck 15 will look straight down onto the water. I've stayed in a fwd facing suite on the Epic and it looked straight out into the water as well. Our suite on the Epic was a fwd facing family suite and had a solarium vs an open balcony. I do not know if the fwd facing suite on deck 9 has a side balcony or not. I saw a fwd facing suite on the BA during a cabin crawl and it was pretty awesome! Both suites have living spaces set apart from the bedrooms, both suites have huge bathrooms, and both suites have an ample "living room".

At this point it comes down to personal preference. Do you prefer a fwd facing view or are you ok with being on deck 15 without the captains view? Do you prefer to be closer to the actual Haven? If it were me, I'd choose the family suite on deck 15, especially if you have never stayed in a Haven suite before. Deck 15 puts you in the Haven proper. Closer to the action...so to speak. The hallways are a lot quieter too. If you can swing it, staying in a suite is worth the extra bucks and like someone posted earlier, you get to take advantage of ALL of the promos NCL currently has. The advantages of the Haven are much more than simply having a larger room. It's never being told that you can't make reservations for dinner because they are booked for the night. It's never missing a show because it's sold out. It's having access to a ship within a ship. I could go on and on :-).

Sent from my iPad using Forums

DW and I just completed our 3rd BA cruise, and we were in The Haven before as well. Our cabin was an S3 Owners Suite. These are the cabins directly over the bridge, and are divine. When you book a suite that has courtyard access *outside* of The Haven, it creates a disconnect. You must always walk in and out of the secluded courtyard area. DW and I were in a Haven Spa before and enjoyed it, but have since decided that we will not sail on any of the new builds without being directly in the courtyard.

DW and I just completed our 3rd BA cruise, and we were in The Haven before as well. Our cabin was an S3 Owners Suite. These are the cabins directly over the bridge, and are divine. When you book a suite that has courtyard access *outside* of The Haven, it creates a disconnect. You must always walk in and out of the secluded courtyard area. DW and I were in a Haven Spa before and enjoyed it, but have since decided that we will not sail on any of the new builds without being directly in the courtyard.

Did you have any noise leaking from the movable wall? Who did you have as a butler and steward?

I would vote for a Haven Spa Suite if it's just the two of you. A couple reasons why, first off it's on the lower end of Haven prices, second you get a spa pass with it which takes a bit of the sting off the price. On my cruise on the Getaway after the cabin crawl I got a lot of comments that out of all the Haven suites we saw the spa suite was people's favorite. We absolutely loved it and the Haven! It's worth every penny!