Entertainment changes?

SeaYa52

Loved he entertainment on the Divina last year. The shows were some the best we've seen at sea. Do they change the shows each year? Everything I have read sounds like descriptions of the same shows.

I can't speak specifically for the Divina but I have cruised on the 3 other ships in the Fantasia class and found that the shows are more similar than different. I've seen the Michael Jackson tribute show a few times, now. Also the Frank Sinatra show, the Italian Opera show and the Pirates show! I rarely go to the theatre now as I'm tired of seeing the same thing repeated over and over!

They rotate them around the fleet, so sometimes you end up seeing a similar or even the same show again if you cruise with them often.

Never sailed the Divina out of the US, so it could be an exception. I did sail the Opera 6 times, twice per year and the shows were different each time.

last week on the Divina I spoke to the entertainment manager and asked the same question. Been on Divina 3 times and saw same shows 3 times.

He said the cost to change show is around 3 to 4 million dollars. Cost of scenery, costumes and everything else. Moving from ship to ship is less but still costly.

I also asked why the 2 singers, who are excellent in the middle of Michael Jackson show. It takes away from the show. Answer is this give the entertainers a chance to change costumes, makes sence

last week on the Divina I spoke to the entertainment manager and asked the same question. Been on Divina 3 times and saw same shows 3 times.

He said the cost to change show is around 3 to 4 million dollars. Cost of scenery, costumes and everything else. Moving from ship to ship is less but still costly.

I also asked why the 2 singers, who are excellent in the middle of Michael Jackson show. It takes away from the show. Answer is this give the entertainers a chance to change costumes, makes sence

That makes sense. I guess in Europe where they have a lot of ships sailing near each other (some even from the same port) changing a show over at the end of a season would not be too difficult whereas with the Divina being on its own out in Miami, not so easy

what will they do for entertainment on the Divina's grand voyage at the end of April?

Marianne

Difficult to say, since she doesn't always do what the other ships do.

They won't repeat a show. Usually they bring on entertainers at some of the ports for a bit of local flavour. They also usually have a few extra classical musicians and operatic singers and have a series of 4 or 5 classical concerts.

They won't repeat a show. Usually they bring on entertainers at some of the ports for a bit of local flavour. They also usually have a few extra classical musicians and operatic singers and have a series of 4 or 5 classical concerts.

thanks - this doesn't sound bad at all - looking forward to sailing the Divina again.

Marianne

Same shows on the Divina , some different personal. The guy that does Michael Jackson it was his last performance last Thursday.

Gosh, hate to hear this. He was absolutely terrific! He'll be a hard act to follow.

Gosh, hate to hear this. He was absolutely terrific! He'll be a hard act to follow.

I agree. I meet him when I sailed last year. His name is Herminio (not sure of the spelling).

I am also sad he will not be performing anymore. I was looking forward to seeing him perform on my upcoming cruise. I'm glad I got a pic with him in his Michael Jackson costume.