Embassy Suites Miami

RenoNanaOz

Embassy Suites Miami International Airport. Not really concerned about it being next to anything. We can cab it if we want to venture out. Mostly looking for a nice pool to hang out for the afternoon. Coming in on the redeye so not interested in a party atmosphere, saving that for the Ship!

Embassy Suites Miami International Airport. Not really concerned about it being next to anything. We can cab it if we want to venture out. Mostly looking for a nice pool to hang out for the afternoon. Coming in on the redeye so not interested in a party atmosphere, saving that for the Ship!

I can think of no compelling reason to stay at this hotel. The location is pretty dismal.

A cab to anywhere decent would cost you a fortune.

I'd stay in Coconut Grove or Coral Gables before I'd stay at the airport. It isn't just a bad area, it can be a very dangerous area.

Take a look at the Coral Gables Coconut Grove. At least you can walk out of your hotel to a restaurant without being mugged. The area is gorgeous.

For a wonderful pool cab to the Doubletree in downtown Miami (some rooms offer a view of the port). Shopping and dining options within walking distance.

The MIA ES is isolated - your dining choices without a cab are the hotel restaurant or delivery pizza. Not much of a pool, but in a better area near MIA, with shopping and dining nearby, is the Homewood Suites Blue Lagoon.

Stayed here in October 2014, prior to our cruise for 1 night. We just wanted a nice room and place to relax for the evening and it was perfect. They have a managers reception with large variety of snacks and all the drinks you wanted. It was nice to just relax enjoy the food and drinks and then just walk back to your room whenever you wanted. Now we never left the hotel until the next morning for our shuttle to the port, which again was simple and super fast. There were only about 6 of us going and we actually left earlier than expected. Just wanted to give another viewpoint on this hotel if your just looking for a resting spot before your cruise the next day. Also they had free shuttle from the airport to the hotel, the usual free hot breakfast buffet the next morning, and the shuttle to the port was $10/pp.

Stayed here in October 2014, prior to our cruise for 1 night. We just wanted a nice room and place to relax for the evening and it was perfect. They have a managers reception with large variety of snacks and all the drinks you wanted. It was nice to just relax enjoy the food and drinks and then just walk back to your room whenever you wanted. Now we never left the hotel until the next morning for our shuttle to the port, which again was simple and super fast. There were only about 6 of us going and we actually left earlier than expected. Just wanted to give another viewpoint on this hotel if your just looking for a resting spot before your cruise the next day. Also they had free shuttle from the airport to the hotel, the usual free hot breakfast buffet the next morning, and the shuttle to the port was $10/pp.

Thank you! I think you are the only one who got what I was trying to say. I had read of others on here staying there with no complaints. Not sure why it was dogged so much when I asked. I wouldn't spend a vacation there but overnight I thought would be fine. However we have a good friend who has Hilton as one of her clients. So we did end up getting a good deal at Hilton Downtown Miami.

I can think of no compelling reason to stay at this hotel. The location is pretty dismal.

A cab to anywhere decent would cost you a fortune.

I'd stay in Coconut Grove or Coral Gables before I'd stay at the airport. It isn't just a bad area, it can be a very dangerous area.

Take a look at the Coral Gables Coconut Grove. At least you can walk out of your hotel to a restaurant without being mugged. The area is gorgeous.

I am coming on the Sat B4 my cruise and staying at a Hampton Inn Coconut Grove. Embassy's have a Managers Reception in the late afternoons and they have a great breakfast (comp) cooked to order.