Considering Triumph: Questions About Renovations and 2.0 From NOLA

I am considering the Carnival Triumph from New Orleans in either late 2016 or early 2017. I know the ship has been completely redone after the fire a few years ago and the ship is probably not as bad as the media portrays it.

I Have Some Questions:

- What All 2.0 Upgrades Does The Ship Have?

- Does The Ship Have Playlist Productions (I Hope Not)?

Anything would be helpful and appreciated. I am disappointed to see the Elation go, but better things (like the Triumph) are coming.

Thanks in advance.

I cruised on the Carnival Triumph in 2010 (pre-fire) and 2013 (fourth voyage after fire). The ship has most of the 2.0 upgrades, but not all. It does not have Playlist Productions.

After my 2013, cruise I put together a before and after comparison of some of the ships public areas. In my comparison I compare the 2010 & 2013 photos side by side. It is on my blog if you would like to check it out:

http://www.embarkandaway.com/before--after-comparison.html

EDIT: Ship has 2.0 upgrades such as Alchemy Bar, Guy's Burgers, Blue Iguana Cantina, Red Frog Rum, and Blue Iguana Tequila. This may not be all upgrades, but this is all I can think of off the top of my head. Hope this helps!

Edited by thecruiserofships

Is Suess at Sea a 20 thing? It has that. The only things notably missing on Triumph (that I can think of) is Specialty restaurants. No steakhouse, no sushi, no La Cacina. Does not have Tandoori or fish and chips. It DOES have taste bar.

Even without those few things, it's a great ship, comparable to Elation in size and feel, but with more amenities. Try it, you'll like it.

Is Suess at Sea a 20 thing? It has that. The only things notably missing on Triumph (that I can think of) is Specialty restaurants. No steakhouse, no sushi, no La Cacina. Does not have Tandoori or fish and chips. It DOES have taste bar.

Even without those few things, it's a great ship, comparable to Elation in size and feel, but with more amenities. Try it, you'll like it.

I think Carnival is categorizing Suess at Sea as a 2.0 thing. I am not sure if the Triumph has it or not at this point.

You are right about the ship not having steakhouse, sushi, tandoori, or fish and chips, or the Italian eatery.