Anyone from Columbus, Ohio?

ValerieJo

We were supposed to fly out this morning from Detroit and all flights are cancelled to Tampa. We are now driving to Columbus, Ohio to catch a flight to Tampa.

Where is the best and most reasonable place to park our car for the week? Does the airport have reasonable rates for long term?

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you.

Airport parking

Off site parking

I have personally used the Parking Spot in Denver many times. Quick, easy and cheap.

Hurry up and get down here - the weather has been fantastic the last few days, and is supposed to "cool off" (read mid 70's) for the next couple of days.

Edited by rummenroman

Airport parking

Off site parking

I have personally used the Parking Spot in Denver many times. Quick, easy and cheap.

Hurry up and get down here - the weather has been fantastic the last few days, and is supposed to "cool off" (read mid 70's) for the next couple of days.

Thank you. Does the Parking Spot have shuttle to the terminal?

Grew up in Columbus and travel back frequently each year as all my family is still there. Very easy in and out for parking/drop off/pickup. The farthest private company parking lot is less than 10 minutes from the airport if that.

Like someone said before, use the airport long term parking for greatest convenience. It's literally below and across the street from the control tower.

Enjoy your trip!

Let us know you made it ok????

So why were flights canc from Detroit?? snow? I didn't think it hit that far north.

Hope you make it to Tampa in plenty of time. We fly out of Dayton in two weeks for San Juan... please no more snow!!!

Airport parking

Off site parking

I've used this facility for nearly 40 years. Though its changed names and owners many times. It does offer a valet service for quick in and out. I also find just going to CMH's long term loss and hoping the shuttle is fast and efficient.

PS This Parking spot is close by the airport. When you get off of I-670 and get to teh traffic light turn left, go about 100 yards and you will see it. Or keeping going straight into the airport and use the long term Blue and Green lots.

Edited by BillOh

Let us know you made it ok????

So why were flights canc from Detroit?? snow? I didn't think it hit that far north.

Hope you make it to Tampa in plenty of time. We fly out of Dayton in two weeks for San Juan... please no more snow!!!

That's what I'm wondering- it's cold here- (started at 3, and is now 11), but VERY clear, and calm. Perfect flying weather here.

That's what I'm wondering- it's cold here- (started at 3, and is now 11), but VERY clear, and calm. Perfect flying weather here.

Problem could be that either the original flight they were booked on had mechanical issues and was canceled or the OP did not have a non-stop flight and had to connect with a flight out of an airport that is experiencing weather issues.

Edited by cruisenfever

Thanks everyone. We parked in the Green long term lot. Very easy! We are at the Columbus airport waiting for our flight.

Our flight was cancelled due to weather in Atlanta. Our flight as to have a stop in Atlanta.

Thanks everyone. We parked in the Green long term lot. Very easy! We are at the Columbus airport waiting for our flight.

Our flight was cancelled due to weather in Atlanta. Our flight as to have a stop in Atlanta.

Drive safe see you tommorow

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Glad you made it to Columbus safely. Have a great cruise.

Ah. It's really a pain that there isn't direct service to San Juan more regularly from Detroit.

Sometimes we get that on Saturday, which kinds of puts our sailings on Sundays.

Other area influences is also why we try go fly before 10am- which usually means the plane stays overnight at DTW. But that's only really helpful on direct flights....

Glad you made it. It's been over 20 years since I flew out of Port Columbus.

OP's cancelled DTW-ATL flight was probably WN585, departing at 600am. The aircraft was scheduled to arrive into DTW late last night and RON (remain overnight).

Yesterday, the aircraft flew WN827, the route was PHX-BUR-OAK-DEN-JAX-BWI-DTW. This was cancelled after JAX so there was no aircraft for OP's flight this morning. Since the weather was pretty bad at BWI last evening, Southwest probably decided to cancel the flight at TPA and not leave the aircraft stranded.

The weather problem was really at BWI not ATL (just FWIW info).

This also points out weather or problems far from your departure or arrival airport can still affect your flight. This is especially true with Southwest's "point-to-point" route structure...their planes spend the day hopscotching all over the country and any problem along the way can mess up a lot of things downline for the rest of the day and into the next morning.

Edited by kenish

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Everyone! Sorry to bring up an old forum. If you planning an overnight before your trip, several of the airport hotels will charge you a reduced rate for parking in their lot and provide you a shuttle to the terminal the next morning and when you return. Some of the hotels have packages that include this parking fee in your hotel stay. Call the hotel for details and questions. This would be a better option then parking at the airport lots.