Diamond + Access to Concierge Lounge?

I saw on another thread that the Anthem is going to sail with only gold card access to the concierge lounge and that Quantum was going to switch to only gold card access starting in January 2015.

Can anyone confirm whether the change has happened on Quantum and whether there is any truth to the Anthem rumor?

I am not looking to start another thread that speculates or rants and raves about this topic. I am aware of the situation on Oasis with the Suite lounge.

I am just looking for current facts.

I saw on another thread that the Anthem is going to sail with only gold card access to the concierge lounge and that Quantum was going to switch to only gold card access starting in January 2015.

Can anyone confirm whether the change has happened on Quantum and whether there is any truth to the Anthem rumor?

I am not looking to start another thread that speculates or rants and raves about this topic. I am aware of the situation on Oasis with the Suite lounge.

We were on Quantum in a SJS at the end of January and had no problem in using the concierge lounge.

However, we were talking to a person who said he cruises Royal almost year round (one to two months at a time on the same ship) and he said that Royal will be changing the C&A point program by having a new level between D+ and Pinnacle called "Black D" and they will be modifying the perks accordingly. Don't know if it is accurate or not.

We were on Quantum in a SJS at the end of January and had no problem in using the concierge lounge.

However, we were talking to a person who said he cruises Royal almost year round (one to two months at a time on the same ship) and he said that Royal will be changing the C&A point program by having a new level between D+ and Pinnacle called "Black D" and they will be modifying the perks accordingly. Don't know if it is accurate or not.

This new level(s) has ben discussed/rumored for the last 2 years on the RCL's regular board. It created quite a stir and consternation on the possible impact(s) on current C&A levels. Heck, I heard about the possible new level from a C&A desk rep about 18 mos. ago.

Was on Quantum last week (Feb. 20 sailing). No problem using CL. We ate breakfast there a few times (continental only) and had drinks every night. Beautiful lounge, great service, never very crowded. Floor to ceiling windows and it's aft part of deck 12.

• 2 weeks later...

We are D+ and were on the ship in November and February also and had no problems accessing the CL. Interesting thing is that on the Harmony RCI has stated there will be a Suite Lounge. They did not mention a CL at all. It left me with the feeling that, as many have predicted, when all the ships in the fleet have D lounges that D+ will be removed from the CL. Renaming it the Suite Lounge makes it clear it is not for C&A members.

While on Q in November, both the CL and D lounges were packed. In Feb, the CL was fine but the D Lounge was packed.

It will be interesting to see how this all works out in the future.

• 1 month later...
We are on the ship right now and the lounge has been packed every night. Might go check out the diamond lounge tomorrow night and see if that is crowded
Was on the April 24th sailing and only "3" Pinnacles on the ship. The CL was almost dead the whole week....By the way there were 171 D+ onboard.