Excursion choice from Israel

Good to hear you can pay in euro as well as $. Dollars not a currency I normally deal with, normally holiday within Europe. However paying for lunch etc need a currency that is easily accepted.:)

Been on trip advisor and had quite a few replies about a currency question. Looks as though $ not requires at all (we are more used to euro as well). Suggestion is to use ATM 100 NIS =about £17, so my next quest is to find out if there is an ATM in the port area.

Good to hear the Spirit has been to Ashdod this week

Please join in! I am in touch with Guided Tours Israel and would like to do

*From Ashdod to Jerusalem and Bethlehem: $99 per person on 30 Mar 2015

*From Ashdod to Masada and the Dead Sea: $115 per person on 31 Mar 2015. We are two and need 6 to get these group rates. Email Leo J. at info@guidedtoursisrael.com or topdaytours@googlemail.com for further details. If you like you can tell them Isabel mentioned it. I heard from many that this company is better and cheaper than the Thomson excursions. I myself have never cruised with Thomson before.

Dear Crocus

We have been with this company and they were superb, if you get a chance, ask for Mr Buk as your guide.

Mike and Janice

Hi n'west - sorry no ATM's in the port - nothing in the port as this is a commercial dock and there are containers making a high wall around the ships docking area. You get off the ship and straight onto a coach or taxi. The whole area is very secure and you will pass through various security points when exiting the port. We bought a few shekels before we travelled but you can get them on the ship - we only got a few and cashed in what was left.

If you go on a trip, you will not have time to get any local cash and in Ashdod we didn't see any ATM's - certainly not walking down to the beach.

Thank you dronnygirl

Good to know we can get them on the ship as left it a bit late to order at home now.

Changing the subject completely- can anyone tell me are the power points on the Spirit round or flat pin? We have sailed on her in the past and I can't remember....:confused:

Hi mjkStirling and the other couple who are joining us

Just had this mail from Leo, thought you may be interested

Shalom again!

Itinerary for Jerusalem & Bethlehem Shore Excursion:

Jerusalem:

- Mount of Olives

- Garden of Gethsemane

- Mount Zion

- Room of the Last Supper

- Jaffa Gate

- Church of the Holy Sepulcher

- Via Dolorosa, Western Wall

- Arab Souk

- Christian and Jewish Quarters

Bethlehem:

- Nativity Church

- Grotto - subject to queues and accessibility this site is not always visited

- Local Palestinian shopping - this is mandatory by Palestinian tourism services for all visitors

* Some sites may not be visited and others included subject to accessibility, security, holiday festivities, opening times, queues, traffic delays, time constraints, or other circumstances.

There is not much choice in terms of place to eat. Alternatively, you may bring a packed lunch with you. In regards to admission fee, no admission fee required in our standard Jerusalem and Bethlehem tour.

Thank you!

Kind regards,

Leo J.

Thank you dronnygirl

Good to know we can get them on the ship as left it a bit late to order at home now.

Changing the subject completely- can anyone tell me are the power points on the Spirit round or flat pin? We have sailed on her in the past and I can't remember....:confused:

One of each:

European round pin (220v)

US flat pin (110v).

Hi mjkStirling and the other couple who are joining us

Just had this mail from Leo' date=' thought you may be interested

Shalom again!

Itinerary for Jerusalem & Bethlehem Shore Excursion:

Jerusalem:

- Mount of Olives

- Garden of Gethsemane

- Mount Zion

- Room of the Last Supper

- Jaffa Gate

- Church of the Holy Sepulcher

- Via Dolorosa, Western Wall

- Arab Souk

- Christian and Jewish Quarters

Bethlehem:

- Nativity Church

- Grotto - subject to queues and accessibility this site is not always visited

- Local Palestinian shopping - this is mandatory by Palestinian tourism services for all visitors

* Some sites may not be visited and others included subject to accessibility, security, holiday festivities, opening times, queues, traffic delays, time constraints, or other circumstances.

There is not much choice in terms of place to eat. Alternatively, you may bring a packed lunch with you. In regards to admission fee, no admission fee required in our standard Jerusalem and Bethlehem tour.

Thank you!

Kind regards,

Leo J.[/quote']

Thanks for the post, good to see places listed in more detail. Think we shall opt for the packed lunch if possible. What currency for Bethlehem? If visiting shop mandatory feel I should have money for even a small purchase. Is everything on the list for you? Seems plenty being covered.

Marjorie

Malch-uk

Thanks for the info about the plugs

Done little research about the currency for Bethlehem-seems to be shekels in cash but $ if anything on the card.

Looks like a great tour, long day though.

Still struggling about how many Shekels to get.

You heard about the French Air Traffic Control strike on Wed? :eek: :eek: :eek:

It is mandatory to visit a shop in Bethlehem but they are very nice people and give you tea. They are not pushy and you are free to just wander and look as you like. There are also toilets you can use there. They take $ on credit card or $ cash. Most of the goods are olive wood - we bought a small nativity scene - seamed an appropriate reminder of Bethlehem.

Hope you all have a great cruise:)

Had confirmation today from Cardiff Airport that our flight shouldn't be affected by strike. Woo Hoo:D

Got my sea sickness pills, my jar of Marmite and a thermal mug+ tidy tea bags so I can cope with anything!!

Have a good journey all.

Had confirmation today from Cardiff Airport that our flight shouldn't be affected by strike. Woo Hoo:D

Got my sea sickness pills' date=' my jar of Marmite and a thermal mug+ tidy tea bags so I can cope with anything!!

Have a good journey all.[/quote']Glad you have got your Marmite n'west :)

(P&O have it on their ships ;) ) have a great time :)

Edited by CRUISIN LINDA