Tracy Arm Fjord, Alaska, Catamaran Cruise to Juneau

alshasta

Hi - I'm sailing on the Carnival Legend this summer (July 7th to be exact) and was wondering if anyone knew if the Tracy Arm excursion was offered on that ship and if so how to book it? It sounds wonderful but I can't find it anywhere. Thanks in advance

Jen

Yes they offer it. It is listed under Juneau.

Curious as to why you would skip in Juneau?

I am assuming their, claim to "skip Juneau" was only due to having to make a choice between Juneau and whale watching and the Tracy Arm tour. With the Tracy Arm tour, their preference between the two.

We go on an Alaskan cruise a couple times a season. Last year we went on the Tracy Arm small boat excursion off the Grand Princess with Allen Marine, the Allen Marine boat was waiting for us up in the fjord and picked us up at the point that the Grand Princess turned around to head out of the fjord. We saw bears on the side of the fjord, up on the hill and whales when we got out of the fjord. It was one of the highlights of that Trip, an absolutely beautiful day. What really surprised me were the people who were inside napping/sleeping and missed so much on the way out of the fjord. If you want to see wildlife spend as much time as you can on deck scanning the water, we saw dozens of whales on your return to Seattle, when I asked others if they saw the whales almost everyone said No. If you can swing it I'd highly recommend the excursion with Allen Marine off the ship up in Tracy Arm.

1917091249_Alaska2014(27).jpg.0bc658e878dfc88b0759c9ed07d120d7.jpg

1023244466_Alaska2014(34).jpg.228d4efc775beaca62ba053462034760.jpg

Edited by Eaglecw