Course by course in room dining?

kekilia

I have read all the posts from the O regulars who find me "entitled" and are offended that I am not falling all over myself to make sure Mr. Butler is happy. I am probably not as bad as you are all making out, and I still remember the Turkish waiter I had in Murano on my first X cruise. What a great time he made of the experience. I am hoping my butler and stewards are wonderful and that they will make my upcoming cruise as amazing as that experience. I believe they will, and even if it's just ordinary, I am going to have the time of my life on this cruise. Who wouldn't love Riviera, the OC, all the amenities! I'm no fool, I am going to have a blast because this may be the last cruise I ever have with my DH of 43 years.

That said, I will expect the extras as advertised for the very expensive fares that I paid. I have read in detail, both from the website and the brochures, all the promises of what comes with the OC suite. I question only that the fine print (read "official policy") may have left out some limitations which might result in my expecting more and either being disappointed or asking for clarification from management. In any case, the cruise line should stand by any statements made or clarify them so that it is clear before you make your deposit and buy airline fares.

From the OC bullet list, it states: course by course in suite dining from any specialty restaurant served by your butler. To me, that means any restaurant. If that is not what they are going to deliver, they should state that: course by course in suite dining from any single specialty restaurant at one sitting.

To all the angry people who have consistently chastised me for having an opinion on an open forum, please excuse me for interrupting YOUR forum. To all the rest, happy cruising and may the wind be always at your back!

Edited by kekilia

Kekilia - I fear I have missed something, been away for a few days, deleted posts etc.,so I know not of the posts or posters which/who have written "stuff", only posts now that make no sense whatsoever!

But with all that has been said on here, take what is based on actual experience in the top suites and I am confident that you will have a great time and your expectations will more than be met. The butlers will go out of their way to enhance your cruise - and make special and happy memories for you! :)

This is an Internet forum and people will say whatever they choose, some true, some made up, some what they think others want to read, but then you don't need me to tell you that! ;):)

Have a great cruise! :)

Kekilia - I fear I have missed something, been away for a few days, deleted posts etc.,so I know not of the posts or posters which/who have written "stuff", only posts now that make no sense whatsoever!

But with all that has been said on here, take what is based on actual experience in the top suites and I am confident that you will have a great time and your expectations will more than be met. The butlers will go out of their way to enhance your cruise - and make special and happy memories for you! :)

This is an Internet forum and people will say whatever they choose, some true, some made up, some what they think others want to read, but then you don't need me to tell you that! ;):)

Have a great cruise! :)

Thank you for posting an encouraging word. You are a class act. Though you may not agree with everything I post, you are capable of allowing me an opinion. And guess what, that opinion may change because I am capable of hearing others' opinions and re thinking my position. If only...what a wonderful world it could be.:)

For those who want to see it in black and white: here is the rule as posted by Oceania: "Guests in our suite accommodations can order in from any of our specialty restaurants, in addition to the standard items available on our 24-hour room service menu. Meals from the specialty restaurants may only be served during regular dining rooms in the suites. All guests must order from the same menu." https://www.oceaniacruises.com/faq/?cat=shipboard%20service