5 Day Valor or 5 Day Fascination

curious_st

I am looking at a 5 day On Fascination to Nassau and Half Moon Cay or a 5 day on Valor to Nassau, Half Moon Cay, and Freeport. The prices are very similar.

I have been to Nassau twice, and I think that stops there make a nice uncrowded "sea day" for us. I have never been to Half Moon Cay nor Freeport.

I have been on 2 prior cruises: a 5 day Nassau/ Key West cruise on Fascination and an 8 day eastern carribbean on Liberty. Our Liberty cruise was our all time favorite vacation.

We will be driving to port. Our drive to Jacksonville to board Fascination is 11 hours. Our drive to Port Canaveral to board Valor is 13 hours.

So, would visiting Freeport and sailing on the Valor instead of Fascination be worth an additional 4 hours of driving roundtrip?

I am looking at a 5 day On Fascination to Nassau and Half Moon Cay or a 5 day on Valor to Nassau, Half Moon Cay, and Freeport. The prices are very similar.

I have been to Nassau twice, and I think that stops there make a nice uncrowded "sea day" for us. I have never been to Half Moon Cay nor Freeport.

I have been on 2 prior cruises: a 5 day Nassau/ Key West cruise on Fascination and an 8 day eastern carribbean on Liberty. Our Liberty cruise was our all time favorite vacation.

We will be driving to port. Our drive to Jacksonville to board Fascination is 11 hours. Our drive to Port Canaveral to board Valor is 13 hours.

So, would visiting Freeport and sailing on the Valor instead of Fascination be worth an additional 4 hours of driving roundtrip?

Not to me it wouldn't. But have you considered Charleston or Baltimore departures? Seems you could drive to either in much less time.

Valor! its a bigger and nicer ship! was on her in Jan and loved her!

Not to me it wouldn't. But have you considered Charleston or Baltimore departures? Seems you could drive to either in much less time.

I have considered both of these departure ports, because they are a shorter drive. Baltimore only has 7 day sailings during the time that I am looking for, and I prefer something shorter for this trip. Also, I am concerned about sailing down the east coast and sea sickness. The itineraries out of Charleston are all for Nassau and Freeport during the times that I am looking, and we were hoping to visit one of the private islands. Plus, the Fantasy out of Charleston is quite a bit more expensive than the Fascination out of Jacksonville for their Nassau/Freeport itineraries.

I got off the Fascination last Thursday. We had a great cruise, but, I would choose the Valor because she is a bigger ship. We cruised on the Fantasy in December and had a fabulous time, but, I am ready for a different class of ship. I figure if I have to go in the day before anyway, I might as well go to Port Canaveral. You can't go wrong with either, but, I would choose the Valor.

I would personally do the Fascination just to save 4 hours of driving.

We sailed on her in Feb. 2014 with some friends (all adults) and had a great time.

She was our first smaller ship and we were a little concerned that we wouldn't enjoy being on a smaller ship but it turns out that we loved it. She has had some upgrades and refurbs and she was just a good "fit" for us.

We had a great staff and couldn't have asked for easier embarkation and debarkation! We also loved Half Moon Cay - a beautiful place.

Did a review if you're interested - http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1992968

Good luck in what ever you choose.

I haven't been on the Valor yet booked on her for this May but been on the Fascination many times. Fascination is smaller, if your not planning on eating at the steakhouse at all then I would choose the Fascination, and she will be in dry dock next week for general maintenance, carpeting, painting and such.

Also consider these things if you would use them, the cigar bar, Fish n Chips and burrito bar because the Valor has these and the Fascination doesn't.