Can NCL website hold price for 24hrs?

Sxxacy

When you are going through to book, there is usually a 24 hour hold button on the bottom, just click that and it will hold everything for 24 hours. It will automatically expire if you don't put a deposit down after 24 hours.

I was told that there is a way online to hold a booking price on NCL website for 24hours. Can anyone confirm if this is true and how to do it?

Thanks!!

You can hold a reservation but I'm not sure if the price goes up the next day if you're locked into the price of your hold.

Harriet

You can definitely hold a price and would be locked to that price. I think the length of the'hold' can possibly depend on how well the cruise is selling. ..... so could be more or in some cases less than 24 hrs. ... ours was certainly less! - 12 hrs maybe! To do it you need to go through as if booking and there will be an option to hold price.

HTH

Edited by lynnquenby

You can definitely hold a price and would be locked to that price. I think the length of the'hold' can possibly depend on how well the cruise is selling. ..... so could be more or in some cases less than 24 hrs. ... ours was certainly less! - 12 hrs maybe! To do it you need to go through as if booking and there will be an option to hold price. HTH

Just make sure that you don't do it on Saturday in Europe - all of the offices are closed on Sundays, so Saturday 12 or 24 holds will always expire before you can do anything on Monday morning!!!

Sooo...what's to stop someone from going on the site daily to hold price until it drops?

I'm pretty sure (but not absolutely) that if you need to "hold" the reservation an additional time, it will be at the then-current price, at the time you make the additional "hold".

And as long as you aren't in final payment, at least in the USA, you can always cancel and re-book if the prices go down.

OR... just phone NCL or your TA to get the lower price applied, keeping in mind you may lose any promos/perks from the initial reservation.

GeezerCouple

Just make sure that you don't do it on Saturday in Europe - all of the offices are closed on Sundays, so Saturday 12 or 24 holds will always expire before you can do anything on Monday morning!!!

AFAIK one can pay the deposit in MyNCL without contacting the offices, just like final/other payments.

Edited by Demonyte

AFAIK one can pay the deposit in MyNCL without contacting the offices, just like final/other payments.

Yes. This is what we did for our most recent cruise we booked. We put a 24 hour hold on it on the web, then made payment via the web the next day.

Yes, you can hold for 24 hours on the website. Go through the entire booking process and then at the end, instead of paying, you can place it on courtesy hold for 24 hours. If you want to hold it longer you need to put down a deposit. The deposit is refundable up until 90 (IIRC) days before the sail date. I usually put multiple cabin/sailing options on courtesy hold to discuss with my husband before booking. It's NBD.

I meant to also say, when i called NCl and requested the hold be extended... for another reason, i was told no.

It would be released and I would have to re-hold it.

So depending on the room, timing etc. if its a room you really want you may not get it back if you kept rolling it over.