Freedom or RC Oasis

HTownMC

Could you elaborate please? How does RCI nickel and dime you more?

Bill

Sorry, Things like Johnny Rockets are an extra charge vs. a Guys Burger on Carnival which is free. There are lots of restaurants specialty that have extra charges. That's ok if you expect it and the cruise price reflects it also. Allure like Oasis is a more expensive cruise experience than other RCL or Carnival Cruise. Allure is no doubt a beautiful ship and intriguing its just not for me.

In regards to control of activities. The various clubs would operate for an 1 1/2 hour or so and then you would have to go to another club at a different level to continue. I was specifically in the club near the Promenade level when the told us the club will close for an hour while the do a performance outside on the promenade. Getting in the Comedy Club without reserving months ahead of the cruise was impossible. The shows required the same thing.

I cant answer if they still do the same thing today or not. I hope not. I was impressed and disappointed that's all and of course due to the ships size she can only sail to ports that can handle her size.

I wish you the best and Happy Cruising!!

Your not giving correct info surely yes there is an additional charge to the Allure/Oasis specialty restaurants just like there is an additional charge to the Carnival Steakhouse but RC gives you an assortment of different restaurant but both Carnival and RC offer the complimentary buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner and both have the main dining room, both serve burgers, fries, pizza and hot dogs and sandwiches (by the way we don't eat hot dogs but the Oasis/Allure hot dog cart with many different types of hot dogs were amazing), you still get the same items on both Carnival and RC but RC offers you an abundant of complimentary late night snacks even to the very wee hours of the morning, I believe the parc cafe is open 24 hours, you can get mini sandwiches of all types on croissants and different rolls, cup cakes, cookies, salads, cheeses and italian meats and pizza, its all complimentary and Carnival offers you complimentary pizza to the wee hours but thats all Carnival offers you to eat past 11:30pm.

Every ship and every cruise line has practice performances.

No RC does not nickel and dime you, just gives you more options if you choose to want it just like Carnival offers you the steakhouse.

Your not giving correct info surely yes there is an additional charge to the Allure/Oasis specialty restaurants.

The assumption that I must be lying is pathetic. I was on board with a group of 100 plus people we must have all been making stuff up. We all experienced the same. Im well aware of what a specialty restaurant is so I appreciate the extra help. The insults from cruise critic aren't worth posting. Your opinion is a second hand account and you were not on our sailing.

You love the ship great. I don't work for the cruiseline; I don't have a tattoo of them on me etc. I not here to defend or attack a cruiseline. When people have an issue with a ship etc. I listen and take caution so I don't experience the same problem and I don't attack them. I just cruise as a vacation choice. Sail the ship all you want, Buy the ship! I cruised it in 2011 and wont be cruising it again. Bye.

You took what I said the wrong way, what I meant by saying "your not giving correct information" perhaps I should of said your not giving all the information the fact is that both Carnival and RC offer the same items...whether it is the complimentary breakfast buffet, lunch and dinner buffet, complimentary pizza, they all the same BUT RC ships offer a lot more to choose from. Some of Carnivals ships have Guys Burgers but on RC they also offer burgers at the grill too that are COMPLIMENTARY!! You make it sound that you can't get a complimentary burger on RC!!!!

RC granted does offer more specialty restaurants, but they remain to have the same complimentary ones that Carnival has, you just get more choices on RC.

By the way, I don't work for the cruise line neverless need to work. No I do not have any tattoos either!! LOL

Edited by lyndamr

Getting in the Comedy Club without reserving months ahead of the cruise was impossible. The shows required the same thing.

Once again - reservations open 90 days prior to sailing (not months). You can make reservations all the way up until cruise time and if you miss that, you can make reservations on board, and if you miss that, you get in the stand-by line which is allowed in 10 minutes prior to showtime. For you to keep saying it is required is flat out wrong.

Once again - reservations open 90 days prior to sailing (not months). You can make reservations all the way up until cruise time and if you miss that, you can make reservations on board, and if you miss that, you get in the stand-by line which is allowed in 10 minutes prior to showtime. For you to keep saying it is required is flat out wrong.

No problem. I was unable to get a Comedy Club show approximately 60 days out from sailing and yes they said you can stand outside first come first serve if there were no shows and you could get their seats. People waited an hour or more to have a chance for an opening. I am not willing to do that.

Its a great ship again, However I have never had to choose a night and time for a comedy show on any cruise ship so for any first timers would want know this is something they act on way in advance of sailing. That's ok that's how it works on Oasis. 90 days is 3 months to me; my apologies for using months instead of days. If I was to cruise her again I would try to book Comedy and Show tickets 90 days in advance so that I would get tickets and days I wanted. I did get Show Tickets for a Thursday Performance of Chicago. I walked by the Comedy Show nightly and unfortunately there was always a long line on my cruise. Unfortunately I never saw a Comedy Show.

The next time I sail RCCL I would like to try a Quantam Class ship.

Happy Cruising!

Edited by xeroxme
typo

No problem. I was unable to get a Comedy Club show approximately 60 days out from sailing and yes they said you can stand outside first come first serve if there were no shows and you could get their seats. People waited an hour or more to have a chance for an opening. I am not willing to do that.

Its a great ship again, However I have never had to choose a night and time for a comedy show on any cruise ship so for any first timers would want know this is something they act on way in advance of sailing. That's ok that's how it works on Oasis. 90 days is 3 months to me; my apologies for using months instead of days. If I was to cruise her again I would try to book Comedy and Show tickets 90 days in advance so that I would get tickets and days I wanted. I did get Show Tickets for a Thursday Performance of Chicago. I walked by the Comedy Show nightly and unfortunately there was always a long line on my cruise. Unfortunately I never saw a Comedy Show.

Happy Cruising!

Thanks for the reply to my earlier post.

On our Oasis cruise in November they had the 2 comedians in the main showroom together.

I have never seen my wife laugh so hard as she did that night. She literally had tears running down her face and this was a family show.

Sorry you missed out.:(

Bill

Edited by S.S.Oceanlover

Thanks all for the good feedback. We believe the Magic would have been better for the extra activities for the boys, but after giving it a lot of thought we weren't comfortable with Sun-Sun so decided on the June 20 Freedom. We made the deposit today so no turning back. We've been on several cruises (RC, Carnival and Disney) and have always made the best and enjoyed the all so we know we will enjoy this one. We've never done Belize or Roatan so we can check them off our list. It's also been a while since we've been to Cozumel.

Now on with other research/planning - This is Amaya's (3 year old daughter) 1st cruse. It's been a while since we've done the kids' clubs (boys are 15 and 18) so have a little research to do there. We have one Ocean suite, but will look into the FTTF that I read about on these board for tender priority.

Starting to get excited.

RC offers you an abundant of complimentary late night snacks even to the very wee hours of the morning, I believe the parc cafe is open 24 hours, you can get mini sandwiches of all types on croissants and different rolls, cup cakes, cookies, salads, cheeses and italian meats and pizza.

Sounds amazing

Happy Cruising!

I plan on trying RC after I hit platinum status with Carnival. I was unaware about the reservations with RC and appreciate the heads up

Park cafe is definitely not open 24/7.

I believe it closes about 5:30 - 6:00pm.

They have delicious roast beef sandwiches. I ate there 4 times on our cruise.:)

Bill

I may have to move up my timetable for seeing what RC has to offer haha