Regal Princess

msberrios

I'd avoid Marina deck unless you're under cabins. We had cabins on Marina on the Royal beneath the Horizon Court and it was awful: the noise started at 3:30am every morning as it was cleaned and prepared for breakfast and then heard the carts being rolled overhead all day. I will never book another cabin beneath public deck again.

IMHO, the best obstructed balcony cabins are on Emerald deck in the 700's. No obstructions other than the life boats if you're looking directly forward towards the bow.

I've been on the Royal the sister ship to the Regal in cabin Marina 123. It was considered an obstructed balcony but there was no obstruction at all. Originally it was designed to have a solid metal railing, when built,, but had the usual blue glass on the balcony. Great cabin and very quiet.

I wonder if it would be safe to assume that Emerald 702 would be the same as E701.

We sailed in E711 on the Royal & only once heard some of the bass from the Vista Lounge. There have been previous discussions about your area possibly hearing some door slamming below on Promenade deck. As I recall Pam was near this area & hopefully she will post.

Renmar's site shows the view from E703:

https://sites.google.com/site/royalregalprincess/home

Searched the forum & found this thread about E702:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2074099&highlight=e702

Edited by Astro Flyer

IMHO, the best obstructed balcony cabins are on Emerald deck in the 700's. No obstructions other than the life boats if you're looking directly forward towards the bow.

IMHO, the best obstructed balcony cabins on the Royal and Regal are L109, L110, L114 and L115. Absolutely no obstruction as shown below.

891230032123014RoyalPrincesscabinL115-viewofbalconyDSC03997_zpsecf98347.jpg