Vaccinations requirement for Quito and Galapagos

rayho94066

The Silversea person told me that there is no requirement and I cannot find any listed on the web, can anyone confirm?

There are no requirements per se, but your doctor will probably have recommendations (i.e., hepatitis A, etc.) based on your medical history, prior vaccinations, etc. Typically it is recommended you be up-to-date with your vaccinations...and then while there are some recommendations for Ecuador (yellow fever), they doesn't apply to certain regions (i.e., the Galapagos). Your doctor, or a medical travel department that your doctor can refer you to, are the best sources.

In the meantime, I have found the American Express Global Assist Hotline Destination Guides to be very good. Just do a google search and you'll find the portal--you don't need an Amex card. It includes lots of overview information for each country.

Agree- no shots required although as noted there are some standard shots that you should be up to date on.

However, do take note of where you are going to after Ecuador- many places require Yellow Fever shots if you have been to places where it is endemic- and Ecuador is listed, although yellow fever is only in certain areas. Many places ask if you have been in areas listed in the past 3 months (I think it is 3 months). We were going to Panama for a couple of days post Galapagos and were required to have the yellow fever shots. Believe that Australia requires them.

I think we will get hep A since that can be transmitted by people preparing food, we thought of hep B but since that is more limited to unsafe sexual behavior or bodily fluid exchange we think we would not need it.