Complimentary drinks annoyance

Sailaway25

So i booked our cruise in jan 2015 for the canaries in dec 2015, now i see there offering complimentary drinks.... Felling a little annoyed now! Sorry just wanted to vent..... Has this happened to anyone else? Not that im a big drinker. Just generally annoyed.

So i booked our cruise in jan 2015 for the canaries in dec 2015, now i see there offering complimentary drinks.... Felling a little annoyed now! Sorry just wanted to vent..... Has this happened to anyone else? Not that im a big drinker. Just generally annoyed.

Having booked my voyage a year in advance I was annoyed too..until I did the math. The fare is now higher, the category now sold out, and my being a Friend of Bill means that I wouldn't be able to dring enough Atlantic Mists to get my money's worth by cancelling and rebooking.

Unless you have all the time in the world and can hop on a fantastic deal at a moments notice, and even then you never know if that deal will get better tomorrow, the best way to enjoy a vacation is to decide where you wish to go, when and how, then look for the best price at that time. Book it and relax. To get annoyed, upset and dissatisfied over ever new perk,. price drop etc.

takes away from the vacation it does not enhance it. Life is not fair but it is short. Enjoy all of it relax and forget about what others may have gotten or not.

Hi Sailaway25,

You don't say if you've checked if the cabin grade you booked is still available, and more importantly, what the fare is now compared with what you paid, what OBC you received compared to that available to new passengers booking today.

If there is plenty of availability, the fare has dropped and the OBC increased, I'd be annoyed as well.

However, I expect you'll find that the fare has increased, and the money you saved by booking early more than covers your drinks bill as you're not a big drinker. I've been watching fares on December cruises, and I think they've increased as time has gone by.

Enjoy your cruise, Bon Voyage! :)

Edited by pepperrn

Feeling a bit more heartened by your responses.... Than you

Good to hear.I booked a short 3 night sail in November at full price.We have $550 OBC though.That will pay for drinks,spa,tips etc....But...I know I have the cabin I want...and probably no end of sail bill..That to me is probably the best result I can get before we leave..

;)

Good to hear.I booked a short 3 night sail in November at full price.We have $550 OBC though.That will pay for drinks,spa,tips etc....But...I know I have the cabin I want...and probably no end of sail bill..That to me is probably the best result I can get before we leave..

;)

For comparison - Queens Grill, solo passenger, Southampton to New York, January 2016 £5600, and I'm offered $105 OBC !!

Cunard were offering some OBC if you booked a Cunard Fare before 28th February under the "Our Birthday-Your Present" promotion. Did you not get that when you booked?

P&O did a similar promotion. Book by 28th February for a chunk of OBC. After that instead of the drinks package they are offering free upgrades on certain cruises.

Myself, I would prefer the OBC than the "free" drinks package.

We should not stand for this! Offering complimentary drinks will do nothing more than attract those cretins from the cruise lines that are trying to destroy what should only be known as an ocean liner.

BRILLIANT drink wagons in the Queens Grill LOL