Island Princess-A Very Short Review

daydreamer16

We were on the Island Princess Panama Canal cruise 2/19-3/6 and had a great time! Here are my pros & cons:

1. The ship is in good condition and very clean.

2. The staff was excellent and service was good.

3. Enjoyed most of the food-loved all of the special chocolate journey desserts.

4. The shows were ok---loved Born on the Bayou!

5. Pool deck attendants were attentive to lounge hogs, removing towels.

6. There was a flu outbreak but the medical staff seemed to be on top of it.

7. Our cabin was great for this cruise E736, we had wonderful views during the transit. Sat on our balcony from 9am to 7pm, with drinks and room service.

8. The thin mattress was the only negative in our cabin.

9. This was first time as Platinum, enjoyed the Platinum/Elite happy hour.

10. Loved, loved the 3-4pm happy hour everyday!

11. Loved the indoor pool---they should be on more ships.

12. Didn't enjoy the hard sell for the wine tasting and the specialty drinks in the dining room---enough already!

We didn't participate in a lot of activities, just enjoyed relaxing and the great weather!

Thank you for taking the time to review.

Happy to hear the good remarks, we board her on the 21st for the ta to Venice.

It sounds like the covered pool was warm.. I've found on our last couple of Caribbean cruises that the temperature was to cold to enjoy, I'll be sure to ask for an eggcrate too..

Chris

Thank you for taking the time to review.

Happy to hear the good remarks, we board her on the 21st for the ta to Venice.

It sounds like the covered pool was warm.. I've found on our last couple of Caribbean cruises that the temperature was to cold to enjoy, I'll be sure to ask for an eggcrate too..

Chris

We too, are boarding on the 21st for the Transatlantic to Venice!! Can't wait to start our journey. It was good to hear the ship is in goo condition. I am hoping we will be able to enjoy some time on deck during the cruise!!!!:D

Thanks for the concise review. I love the shorties.

I've noticed more and more mentions of the incessant sales pitches. I hope Princess is listening. That was my biggest beef after B2B cruises in October. I think we'd all like to dine in peace.

Jim

Thank you for your review. We have the same cabin booked on the Coral for our upcoming Alaska cruise - I'm so glad to hear that you had such a positive experience! We spend a lot of time on our balcony as well, although in Alaska I think we may tend to go on the upper decks or the rear viewing decks. Were you bothered at all by the slamming of the rear door, noise from the Universe Lounge or engine vibration?

Edited by hllwdcruiser

There was some engine vibration---mostly when pulling into dock. No noise from the Universe lounge, or from the rear door. There were several people out on the rear deck during the canal transit, the other days one or two, mostly taking pictures. I loved having the side and aft views! Have a great time!

Thank you for your review. We have the same cabin booked on the Coral for our upcoming Alaska cruise - I'm so glad to hear that you had such a positive experience! We spend a lot of time on our balcony as well, although in Alaska I think we may tend to go on the upper decks or the rear viewing decks. Were you bothered at all by the slamming of the rear door, noise from the Universe Lounge or engine vibration?

Another great spot for viewing is the forward balcony on the Baja deck. It is just below the bridge. Even though we had balconies on the Coral for our Alaska and Panama Canal trips the Baja deck was where we got the best pictures. And the ship's photographer got a really good one of us with a glacier in the background.