Do I need all of my passenger info to book now?

This will be my second cruise, first time sailing with Norwegian. I'm so excited to experience the Getaway next month!

I am wondering how big of an issue it is if I don't know who will be joining me yet? I know the charges are usually based on double occupancy, but will there be additional charges/name change fees etc to add the second passenger once I figure it out if I book the cabin now? Also, I usually prefer to book myself but does going through an agency make any difference as far as when the passenger info is needed?

I tried the website and a few dummy bookings without much luck... thanks in advance!

You can book John/Jane Doe as second passenger just fine and update later.

I'm sure I will be quickly corrected if I am wrong here.....but wouldn't that be considered a name change?

Isn't there a fee for that?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The Getaway has Studio cabins meant for ONE person- no need to share or pay a supplement for sailing solo. I have stayed in them and they are really nice. There is a lunge to meet other solo passengers.

I'm assuming the op is talking about which family member can join her not going solo

As a parent of young adult college kids and other kids of various ages I can assure you nothing with them is set in stone too many months out

I miss the days of 4/6/8/12 year olds and no other commitments on their part..... And the parent had control of their schedules.....

Not coaches....not professors....not employers.....

But I digress....

I'm sure I will be quickly corrected if I am wrong here.....but wouldn't that be considered a name change?

As long as one of the two lead passengers stays the same, there is no fee and changes can be done up until very close (only few days) to the departure.

Yes it could be considered a name change

*Living large one week at a time*

Edited by Solararc

This will be my second cruise, first time sailing with Norwegian. I'm so excited to experience the Getaway next month!

I am wondering how big of an issue it is if I don't know who will be joining me yet? I know the charges are usually based on double occupancy, but will there be additional charges/name change fees etc to add the second passenger once I figure it out if I book the cabin now? Also, I usually prefer to book myself but does going through an agency make any difference as far as when the passenger info is needed?

I tried the website and a few dummy bookings without much luck... thanks in advance!

It's not a big deal at all. My brother currently is booked with his dog's name for the second passenger lol Once you know who you are traveling with, just change the name and DOB.

It's not a big deal at all. My brother currently is booked with his dog's name for the second passenger lol Once you know who you are traveling with, just change the name and DOB.

Isn't that considered a name change?

I thought there was a fee for name changes?

So it's ok as long as the main name stays?

Edited by luvtheships

That section on the website regarding name changes being considered cancellations is what made me nervous. I'm sure final payment has passed as I'm sailing 4/25. I may go the TA route, but won't that limit my options to view and make reservations for shows etc online?

That section on the website regarding name changes being considered cancellations is what made me nervous. I'm sure final payment has passed as I'm sailing 4/25. I may go the TA route, but won't that limit my options to view and make reservations for shows etc online?

Using a TA will NOT limit your ability to reserve shows, dining, excursions, etc. online. We booked my son with a fake name and birthday on our last cruise because we booked it before he was born, but we did update it well before final payment. I believe you are fine though as long as 1 of the first 2 passengers stays the same.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk