How do you hear from upsell fairy?

ETinCA

Hi all,

I booked through Carnival direct on an upcoming cruise in 2 weeks. How do you normally hear from the upsell fairy if she were to contact us? Email or phone?

I normally book through a TA but didn't this time.

Thanks!

I have booked 17 cruise with Carnival, 12 of those were balcony rooms since 2011. I have never received an upgrade offer. I book thru a PVP, on board or on line. I share this information so you will not feel slighted if you are not contacted.

Normally we ALWAYS book inside cabin on the Lido deck. We're platinum cruisers, my cruise in May will be number 21 for me..if ship isn't sold out a few weeks before sailing date, the Upsale Fairy normally calls. It's a lot easier to Upsale for a few hundred dollars, than to book remaining balconies or suites. Then interior/ocean view cabins sell for a sold out sailing. We've upgraded several times for about a third of what it would have cost to book originally. Then if we're not called we have a cabin on the Lido deck in the middle of the action..

If anyone doesn't have a PVP and are looking for one let me know, I'll give you all info including ext number. She works for Carnival and has been booking our cruises for upwards of 10 years. Even if you book on the ship she still takes care of us. She laughed when we booked our 4th cruise for this year and told us we were probably going to be her youngest Diamond cruisers!,

Hi all,

I booked through Carnival direct on an upcoming cruise in 2 weeks. How do you normally hear from the upsell fairy if she were to contact us? Email or phone?

Thanks!

For our 2014 B2B we received a phone call.

For our 2015 B2B we received the offer via email.

Hi all,

Thanks!

It used to always be by phone for me, but the last couple of times it has been by email.

We received an upsell email and phone call about one month before our departure on our third Carnival cruise. I had booked a Grand Suite with and extended balcony, and accepted the upsell to the Penthouse Suite on the Carnival Ecstasy. It was fantastic!

I got a phone call the first time and had to make the decision on the spot. The 2nd time (years later) I received an email telling me to call for details and I also got a phone call.

The first was about a week out. The 2nd was more like 3 weeks before.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app