Wine Package Question

Hello, hoping someone can answer my question. Do they still offer the wine packages onboard? Years ago they offered silver, gold and platinum packages for wines only. I was wondering if this is still being offered. Not interested in purchasing a beverage package. Thanks.

Hello, hoping someone can answer my question. Do they still offer the wine packages onboard? Years ago they offered silver, gold and platinum packages for wines only. I was wondering if this is still being offered. Not interested in purchasing a beverage package. Thanks.

I believe the Wine & Dine package was discontinued as of Jan 1, 2015.

Edited by clarea

We will be on the Liberty of the Seas in May so hopefully they will be offering some type of wine package onboard. We are not interested in Wine and Dine, just a wine package only. Thanks for the info!

• 4 weeks later...

There is no advertised wine package, but one of our table-mates in the MDR requested a 5-bottle package on the first night of last week's Serenade sailing. The waiter said no problem and even offered to wait until the next day to charge it. (We were sailing down the Mississippi River, and they had to charge LA sales tax on purchases while the ship was still inland.)

I'm not sure what the list for the package included. They had a favorite wine that they ordered every night.

There is no advertised wine package, but one of our table-mates in the MDR requested a 5-bottle package on the first night of last week's Serenade sailing. The waiter said no problem and even offered to wait until the next day to charge it. (We were sailing down the Mississippi River, and they had to charge LA sales tax on purchases while the ship was still inland.)

I'm not sure what the list for the package included. They had a favorite wine that they ordered every night.

That's very interesting, perhaps I'll try it on Enchantment.

Just off Navigator and they offered it on-board. Tried to book prior to cruise but wasn't available. List of wines offered is very limited, when compared to what was offered previously. Decided not to order, because of limited offerings and just ordered from wine list without discount. The 5 bottle package was $165.

Just off Navigator and they offered it on-board. Tried to book prior to cruise but wasn't available. List of wines offered is very limited, when compared to what was offered previously. Decided not to order, because of limited offerings and just ordered from wine list without discount. The 5 bottle package was $165.

This seems to be the trend, I started the thread "What's up with the Wine & Dine Package" back in Dec. and it gets hit occasionally with a similar response. :confused:

we spoke with the beverage manager while on Grandeur OTS in March. His story is the company is changing suppliers - clearing up old inventory - and then will evaluate what packages they will offer.

Sounds reasonable to us. So that was his story, and we're sticking with it.:D

The wines now offered don't make the package a deal anymore. the wine list prices were between $30 and $35 per bottle if purchased separately. So, $165 for 5 and you'll maybe cover the 18% gratuity per bottle or a portion of it. You'll still pay for the gratuity on the package price. Nice thing was that they had a wine tasting table set up in the WJ on embarkation day to try some of the package wines. In our case, that actually convinced us not to purchase since we didn't like many of them.