Canadian Rockies Cruisetour 2016 - help please

Busy Mum

Hi,

I am very keen to book a Canadian Rockies Cruise tour - departing 7 May 2016. This tour came on-line last Thursday (Friday Australian time) and it is appearing in the Princess website as 'sold out'. It has gone from 'sold-out' to 'pricing is currently unavailable', since it's been on the website.

I have contacted Princess Australia and they are telling me there is no way this is booked out, but they cannot explain to me why it's appearing like this. I have phoned twice, with different consultants, but still no luck.

Can anyone of you lovely people shed some light on this for me? I am really keen to lock this cruise tour in but it's just impossible to do so.

Any insight or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Vicki :)

I'll call Princess main office in here in Santa Clarita in the morning and see if I can get an answer for you.

Marty

I'll call Princess main office in here in Santa Clarita in the morning and see if I can get an answer for you.

Marty

Wow, I'm sure the OP will be really happy you are prepared to do that! Nice!:p

(this is where we need a LIKE button on these boards)

Marty

Hi Marty,

Oh wow, that would be absolutely amazing if you could do that for me, that is such a very generous offer and I'm completely blown away! Thank you, thank you!!!

I will check back here tomorrow, to hopefully some positive news!

Thanks again Marty, its very much appreciated. :)

Vicki. :):)

Marty

Vicki-

I was on the phone for a half an hour with Princess trying to solve this puzzle but I'm having the same problem you are. Unfortunately I need more information. Where does the cruise tour depart from? How many days? What Ship? Is the May 7, 2016 date, the date that the ship leaves or is that the date that the land tour starts?

After your reply I'll try again tomorrow>

Marty

Vicki-

I was on the phone for a half an hour with Princess trying to solve this puzzle but I'm having the same problem you are. Unfortunately I need more information. Where does the cruise tour depart from? How many days? What Ship? Is the May 7, 2016 date, the date that the ship leaves or is that the date that the land tour starts?

After your reply I'll try again tomorrow>

Marty

Again Marty, thank you so very much for doing this for me :)

Cruise tour departs from Calgary, Alberta - 7th May 2016. 'Heart of the Rockies Plus Rail - Tour 1R'. - Tour Number: T6A01R.

7 day Cruise tour, concluding in Vancouver.

7 day cruise on the Star Princess, round trip Vancouver to Vancouver.

Star Princess departs on Saturday 14th May 2016 - Voyage Number: 9612.

Hope this helps. I also received an email this week with the up and coming cruise tours for 2016 - this cruise tour is also listed, so I cannot see what or why the delay is in releasing this cruise tour.

Thank you again - Vicki. :)

Again Marty, thank you so very much for doing this for me :)

Cruise tour departs from Calgary, Alberta - 7th May 2016. 'Heart of the Rockies Plus Rail - Tour 1R'. - Tour Number: T6A01R.

7 day Cruise tour, concluding in Vancouver.

7 day cruise on the Star Princess, round trip Vancouver to Vancouver.

Star Princess departs on Saturday 14th May 2016 - Voyage Number: 9612.

Hope this helps. I also received an email this week with the up and coming cruise tours for 2016 - this cruise tour is also listed, so I cannot see what or why the delay is in releasing this cruise tour.

Thank you again - Vicki. :)

Vicki:

Just spoke with Princess, Santa Clarita. Both the cruisetour and the cruise are wide open. They can't come up with a reason why you are having trouble. They suggest that you call Princess at 61 2 8424 8800 or e mail them at info.princess@carnivalaustralia.com and tell them that Princess Santa Clarita says that this cruisetour is open and available. They offered to put me on the line with Princess in Australia but I felt that it would be better if you phoned once again. They could not quote prices because the fare would be in Aussi bucks. Ask to speak with someone IMPORTANT.

Good Luck, Marty

Vicki:

Just spoke with Princess, Santa Clarita. Both the cruisetour and the cruise are wide open. They can't come up with a reason why you are having trouble. They suggest that you call Princess at 61 2 8424 8800 or e mail them at info.princess@carnivalaustralia.com and tell them that Princess Santa Clarita says that this cruisetour is open and available. They offered to put me on the line with Princess in Australia but I felt that it would be better if you phoned once again. They could not quote prices because the fare would be in Aussi bucks. Ask to speak with someone IMPORTANT.

Good Luck, Marty

Hi again Marty,

I have just this minute checked the Princess website, and it is now showing up - yipeee.....

Once again Marty, thank you for all your assistance, you have been wonderful. Now to contact Princess here and get pricing and hopefully it's the start of an amazing trip - see how we go.

I'm certainly :):):):)

I certainly owe you a 'drink' - hopefully one day we will end up on the same cruise, somewhere, and I can buy you that drink!!

Best wishes Marty!!

Vicki.

Hi again Marty,

I have just this minute checked the Princess website, and it is now showing up - yipeee.....

Once again Marty, thank you for all your assistance, you have been wonderful. Now to contact Princess here and get pricing and hopefully it's the start of an amazing trip - see how we go.

I'm certainly :):):):)

I certainly owe you a 'drink' - hopefully one day we will end up on the same cruise, somewhere, and I can buy you that drink!!

Best wishes Marty!!

Vicki.

Vickie;

Glad to be of help. It sounds like a great trip. Enjoy it!

Marty

So pleased your cruise came up! And so pleased I was following this thread because when I checked yours I discovered the price of mine - the sister Heart of the Rockies tour 1 - had dropped $590 PP to bring it in line with your prices! So being late sat there would be no one at Princess to talk to now so I have sent an email to my cruise contact to ask them to reduce the price accordingly. Would hardly be fair to penalise us $1180 because we booked a week ago when first opened!!