Aft cabins on ms Rotterdam

Linda-E

My DH and I are looking at a Norway voyage in August on the Rotterdam. There are a couple aft facing cabins available. Can someone please post a photo of the aft end of the Rotterdam? Do you know if the aft corner cabins have a wrap around veranda? Is there noise from the stairs I see on the deck plans?

Thank you for your help!

We sailed ms Rotterdam last summer to a.o. Norway and 2 years ago to Indonesia. As you can see on the photo there are no cabins with wrap around balconies. This because those cabins were built a few years ago during a renovation. Because of that the back of the ship looks a bit funny.

48.jpg.692c0b1c6d4cbaa0cd58df24d1680046.jpg

We sailed with the Rotterdam three times, lovely ship. Backend looks kinda funny..

If you book a cabin aft, on deck 6 you are right above the upper level MDR and deck 7 you are just below the Lido deck. From the Lido deck you can look downwards on the balconies. So imho either deck has some drawbacks.

Aft corners ARE wraparound. I was on her in Norway in September in 6229, you can walk around the corner.

The balcony is completely covered (except I guess maybe the railing and a 1' from it) from above, we used it during the rain all trip and stayed dry.

Aft corners ARE wraparound. I was on her in Norway in September in 6229, you can walk around the corner.

The balcony is completely covered (except I guess maybe the railing and a 1' from it) from above, we used it during the rain all trip and stayed dry.

Good to know, the impression was it was not the case. I know the wrap around balconies on ms Oosterdam have a lot of space around the corner too.