Hi From Shy

lomo

I met Shy on the first morning of our Boston to Montreal cruise as he was at his usual station, greeting people on the starboard side of the Lido buffet on the Maasdam. I told him that he was famous on Cruise Critic and he knew all about it. Of course, he asked for our names and remembered them for the rest of the cruise. We really enjoyed talking with Shy everyday, he was one person who made our cruise a special experience. He is amazing.

As an FYI, Shy received 63 special comments on the survey in the prior month, so he was eligible for a day off which he took in Quebec City. He was very excited about it. So, you see, your comments on the surveys can really pay off for the staff.

When I was leaving, he asked me to say hi to some of the people on Cruise Critic and gave me a list. So, here is a shout out from Shy to Pat, Jester, Tom and Lisa, Tom and Mike, Liz, and Ruth. (I hope I got your names right).

Thanks lomo for your message from SHY! We gave him big marks on our comment sheet and was glad to hear that others did too. He was great and we were also lucky to have him as our waiter at the 8:00 seating in the dining room! Hope we get to sail with him again!

Shy loves the attention he gets here on the Board. I always enjoyed seeing him when we went in for lunch. He always has a big smile and a pleasant word. He's Maasdam's version of Hunky on Zuiderdam. :)

Shy's a very nice, very obliging young fellow.

That is so great, I know Shy often gets a chance to check in to this board.

So here's a message to Shy..

Hi Shy, Congratulations on getting 63 special comments and that day off. You more than deserve it.:) You are a very special person that makes cruising on the Maasdam extra special. Thanks for remembering us.

Tom and Lisa

Glad to see that Shy got a day in Quebec. We saw him every day in the Lido during the MAASDAM's transatlantic cruise from Boston to Rotterdam July 16/Aug 2. His cheerful greetings added to our enjoyment of the cruise.

Harvey & Marianne

Hamilton, Ont

For the message from Shy and the GREAT news that he got a day off! He SURE deserves that!

I was SO lucky to have Shy as my waiter on the Maasdam for 11 days last May. He is SUCH a sweet & wonderful person & his spirit shines SO bright. He was also the best waiter that I've ever had on my 20+ cruises with HA.

Glad you had a great cruise & thanks again for the message from Shy!

rocks (Pat)

Did all of you who know Shy tell them you are posters on CC and what your Board name is?

I told him I had read about him on CC but never told him my Board name.

sail, one morning when we went to the Lido for breakfast Shy pulled out of his pocket a print out from the CC board of one of my posts which of course in the avatar shows our picture. He points to the pictures and says"that's you and Tom" we laughed together and said you found us. We did tell him when we first met him our Board Name and he recognized it right away. But then there were several on the Maasdam who knew who we were since we were doing the live report.

• 2 weeks later...

Shy said that he had six more months on his current contract and then he would be going home for 3-4 months. He also said that he will more than likely come back to HAL after his time off. I'm not sure if he is going to come back to the Maasdam or not.

We just returned from the Maasdam on September 10th and I met Shy the first day in the Lido and told him he was famous and he smiled and started naming all the people who talk about him.

He was great! I complimented him on my comment card also. Also Danny in the Crows Nest.

Archived