Considering a Ryndam cruise to Norway

pier

We've been on Oceania, Azamara, and Celebrity cruises a number of times, but we've never cruised on Holland America. I would appreciate your feedback on the Ryndam. I'd also appreciate hearing from anyone who has taken the Norway cruise.

I've taken more Norway cruises than I can count, including back to back cruises on the Ryndam (different itineraries). All of the cruises were marvelous, but some had much better weather than others. I highly recommend them, and on the Ryndam in particular.

She's a lovely, small-ish ship, with plenty of outdoor space from which to enjoy the spectacular scenery found in Norway.

What in particular would you like to know about? I'll be happy to answer questions.

Re: Holland America Line has announced the transfer of ms Ryndam and ms Statendam to its sister company P&O Cruises in Australia. The transition will take place in November 2015 following Statendam’s Alaska season and Ryndam’s Europe season.

And (sadly) if you want to do that itinerary on the Ryndam, you better do it this year.

We just got off the Ryndam on Sunday. Major plumbing issues with toilets not working! We had three days over the course of the seven days where the toilet didn't work at all and issues with it the other days. My 88 yr old Mother and my Sister were in the room next to us and experienced problems all week. They woke up Sunday the morning of Debark to a toilet that did not work! A Cabin several up from ours flooded the first day Onboard and had the blower going in the room for days to dry the Carpet. Other floors had similar issues as well! Very disappointed with HAL right now as they know about these problems and not even an apology from them!

We were in Rooms 201 and 199.

We feel that HAL is not willing to spend the money to fix the problems with this system due to the Ship going to P&O.

Check out other reviews before booking!