Park Royal?

39august

Has anyone tried this hotel's beach, please? I was told at the sidewalk stand for entry that the $50 was pp for entrance to the beach ONLY. Walking further down toward the entry to the hotel, there was a well dressed man offering a tour of the hotel property and saying the $50 charge was all inclusive. Does anyone know which is correct? We usually go to El Cid, but a week or so ago, found that all the palapas are now reserved for hotel guests only. We need shade!

Has anyone tried this hotel's beach, please? I was told at the sidewalk stand for entry that the $50 was pp for entrance to the beach ONLY. Walking further down toward the entry to the hotel, there was a well dressed man offering a tour of the hotel property and saying the $50 charge was all inclusive. Does anyone know which is correct? We usually go to El Cid, but a week or so ago, found that all the palapas are now reserved for hotel guests only. We need shade!

I am fairly certain the price is AI. We have only "looked round" the property several years ago when we were doing a scouting tour and wanted to buy a drink while we had a look around for a future visit. We were unable to buy a drink as they are unable to take cash and everyone has to have a wrist band. We did get approached by a security guard, which was good, and after explaining that we were looking round but didn't want a timeshare meeting we left. We did meet the road side booth on our way out and they had a discounted entry fee but it definitely involved a time share presentation. I would advise you to buy your pass at the main lobby. It used to be $40+ so I don't know if it has gone up.

We proceeded next door to El Cid who welcomed us as PAYG and we have been there several times since. However I feel their AI passes are expensive and if our ship was in port long enough I would definately return to Park Royal as the facilities, especially the pools seemed much nicer.