Is alaska opening up today?

hollon

What would the itinerary be for Explorer out of Seatle. If she does not go to a Canadian port does that mean the Jones Act comes into effect and you will not be able to B-2-B cruises?

As long as embarkation and debarkation is in the same US port, you are not in violation and can do a b2b.

I booked on Celebrity Millennium Southbound (Seward to Vancouver) so we could see more of Alaska and have more port stops than the Seattle RT.

From what I can see, the Radiance and Millennium are doing the exact same itinerary in 2015 - rotating north/south each week. I'm curious if it will be the same in 2016. Selecting the Southbound on Radiance in June 2016 will put us a week later than the current booking I have on Celebrity (if they do the same thing in 2016)

Does anyone know if C&A members can book 2 days earlier like they are doing for Harmony? Or is that just for new ships???

We booked the Solstice RT out of Seattle for May 2016 and it does stop at Ketchikan. Hopefully it is the same for royal

Oh, I hope so!

I like to do a RT Seattle once in a while and it would be nice to have a RCI option :D

Just got off the phone with RCCL rep. I was booking another cruise and asked if Alaska was opening up tomorrow (3/26).. he looked and found the itineraries loaded.. (they had JUST loaded - I couldn't see them on the website though)..

I asked him to check the price of a D1 balcony for Radiance SB for June 2016. Price was $2900 more than what I paid for on Celebrity Millennium! :eek:

He did say that the initial prices showing may not be correct so I will check again tomorrow.

Just letting you guys know in case anyone wants to call.

Booked RD southbound from Seward for 6/24/16 an hour+ ago. Was not on line, called C&A to do it. With 3 day pre-cruise from ANC, Talkeetna, Denali and the train. With Grand Suite, MTD tips, taxes, charges, BOGO, $9200 total. Not bad for 3rd week in June.

Rick and Deirdra

I checked price for Radiance SB cruise again this morning and the price is more in-line with what I paid on the Millennium for same type of room.

I think when the agent quoted the price yesterday, it was not doing the 1/2 off the 2nd and 3rd person.

So.. for the same price and same size room (190 sq ft) balcony I can stay on Millennium where I have $300 OBC, pre-paid gratuities AND the drink package. We've been wanting to try Celebrity so I guess we will.. :)

I checked price for Radiance SB cruise again this morning and the price is more in-line with what I paid on the Millennium for same type of room.

I think when the agent quoted the price yesterday, it was not doing the 1/2 off the 2nd and 3rd person.

So.. for the same price and same size room (190 sq ft) balcony I can stay on Millennium where I have $300 OBC, pre-paid gratuities AND the drink package. We've been wanting to try Celebrity so I guess we will.. :)

Make sure to join Celebrity's Captain Circle Club if you haven't already done so. Since you have done quite a few RCI cruises you may qualify for some benefits on Celebrity.

Make sure to join Celebrity's Captain Circle Club if you haven't already done so. Since you have done quite a few RCI cruises you may qualify for some benefits on Celebrity.

I plan on it... was waiting until I knew for sure if we were going to switch to Radiance or not..